No Reservations.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by hatvol96, Apr 23, 2012.

Tags:
  1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

There is not a show on television I find more enjoyable when Bourdain is in a city I like.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Agree. Did you see him when he came to Knoxville a few years ago?

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He has the best job in America. Get drunk, eat awesome food and get paid to do it. Throw out an insult to Paula Deen for good measure too.

4. hatvol96

I've spent the last two years trying to figure out how to con ESPN or Fox into letting me do a sports themed version of his show.

5. hatvol96

I was out of town. Saw him a couple of times when I lived in New York. He's an incredible storyteller.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He stays in amazing hotels too. I love amazing hotels.

He's also a very good writer. In his most recent book he wrote an essay about how having his son changed his life. It was very very touching.

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I think he's great and the Travel Channel gives him a lot of leeway other networks wouldn't provide.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

One of my favorite shows to watch

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Every time Tony is somewhere in Southeast Asia eating street food I immediately want to hop on a plane and go to Singapore or Malaysia. The food looks amazing.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I ate at the Gullah Grub when I was in South Carolina a few weeks ago. I didn't realize Bourdain had filmed a show there until midway through the meal.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He and Andrew Zimmern have done a few lowcountry South Carolina shows. The Gullah get it done.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes they do. I was pulling over and eating at little roadside stands before the trip was over and I never did get anything below "amazing"

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I think it is virtually impossible to get a bad meal in the part of South Carolina south of I-95 and west of I-26. Boiled peanuts, bbq, shrimp and grits, she crab soup all day every day.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i enjoy it when he appears to stop giving a shit about the show and just goes off and drinks

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Shrimp and grits, crab soup, shark and boiled peanuts was my diet there

16. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I don't get this. Don't get it at all. I'm all in on the rest.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A little hot sauce and a few beers to go with it.

18. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

far too much bizzare foods/eat a lot of food on travel channel. far too little Bourdain.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my problem with the bizzare foods guy is that he says everything is unbelievable. nothing isn't amazing. even stuff that looks horrible. bourdain has no problems saying something doesn't taste good.

20. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

and I have zero interest in watching some dude try to eat a ten pound breakfast burrito...