Food Poisoning, the Closest I have Felt to Death

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Apr 24, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Just winding down with a 24 hour bout with food poisoning and there's nothing like sitting on the toilet taking a shit and trying to hurry up because it's also coming out the other end. Pure, unmitigated misery for 24 hours. I can't imagine having to deal with something like chemo treatments on a regular basis.

Point being, the school lunch really is bad for you. You would think that I would've learned as a kid.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I had freshwater blue crab once that I didn't clean properly and it near killed me. Paralyzed half my body for a spell. My sympathies.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've gotten it once, not sure what it was I ate but I threw up ranch dressing for a day. I can't stand the smell of it now.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Potato salad. Can not eat it. Ever.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Crab meat. I laid in the bathroom floor and prayed to die at 3 am.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pizza Hut when I was seven. Missed a field trip, was so nauseated I couldn't even walk for a whole day. Only lasted a day, though.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Some milk, baked beans, and hard liquor ought to help.

8. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Krystal Chiks. Never forget. Never again.

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Chicken from a Mexican Place. Was sick for a week. Never had anything like it.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That's the normal response.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jesus, tell me more about this.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

My in-laws have a little beach house on a freshwater inlet where we crab every year. They taste amazing and we have a big crab boil but I didn't clean a batch very well (or maybe ate a dead one) and got dog sick. Apparently one of the side-effects are the shakes and paralytic-type conditions. There was a moment where I thought it was over. Thankfully my little girl (who loves seafood) didn't eat any this go around. Bad crab can kill little ones so I've been told.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hadn't heard of paralysis from crab before. From other shellfish, for sure. Freaky.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Accidentally ate a Portugese man o' war IMO.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Steak may give you heart disease, but you don't have the go through any of that.

JMO IMO IYAM GBO VFL

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not food poisoning, but for Y2K a bunch of my friends all gathered at one of our houses and I got so sick from Kahlua that to this day if I smell anything remotely close to it I throw up. I cannot even drink a mocha frappachino without causing it.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Spicy, I bet.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

A Wal Mart McDonald's

19. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

I thought I was ready to meet my maker once when young and dumb from eating a chunk of hash because I didn't want to smoke it.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When I was 17, I had a few beers and wanted a dip. We were catfishing with chicken livers. So, drunkenly and with a hand covered in chicken blood, I popped a dip in.

I got pretty sick