POLITICS The End of ISIS

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The last remnants of their final pocket of resistance are now surrounded.

Never, ever, ever should it have taken so long to get to this point, considering our resources and lethal proficiency at waging and winning war.

Matis’s 3-pronged plan plots a course for both stability and peace, and which is most welcomed news:
    Link: https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...f-isis-fighters-surrounded-dod-official-says/

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No one likes war, but when necessary, the quicker it's over, the better it is for everyone.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was I supposed to forget what you said about fighting in Syria like 8 years ago? And how we had no business there? Because I don't understand your comment about how long it took. We really just started getting serious.

4. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

The U.S. finally went 'all in' with new rules of engagement beginning in early 2017. Fire support calls were not forced to be routed through nine echelons of approval prior to launching, etc. Embedded support with the Iraqi 9th division on the front line also helped to speed up gains in that country. Only problem with that is it increased the U.S. footprint there once again and probably hampered the advancement of the Iraqi capabilities by having us directing the battle space.

Ssmiff and NYY like this.
  5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Do you mean what I said about “fighting” in Syria, insofar as air/missile support vs bombing them for chemical attacks vs boots on the ground? I think I’ve been consistently clear in that regard.

And we are in absolute agreement that we only recently got serious about destroying ISIS.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

the leader of ISIS is seemingly alive and well, and has clear plastic binders of "reports" or some crap. hopefully there is a shadow of a predator drone circling whatever hole he's in.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Hopefully they can put a missle right up his hole

8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Sounds like he took a tip from Butch Jones with his back pocket list...

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

hmm. Have they ever been seen at the same place at the same time? If they have, throw butch in Guantanamo. If they haven't, throw butch in Guantanamo. He could either consort with them or is one of them. I see no other option.

Savage Orange and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

He definitely committed crimes (if not against humanity, at least against common decency) in his stay here, that’s for sure.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

FXuowOVe-532622600.jpg he's a bartender in St. Croix

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again