Site Defaced

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by fl0at_, Apr 27, 2012.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

At some point last night, apparently our site was defaced by a script kiddie. A script kiddie is someone who uses someone else's exploits to generally screw with something they don't understand. They are typically kids, with no friends, and extremely unintelligent (otherwise they would have wrote the exploit themselves).

At any rate, as soon as TennyD gets around, we'll have it fixed.

In the mean time, in the unlikely event that this wasn't a script kiddie, I would advise changing passwords. Not necessarily this site, as who cares, but if you use the same password for email, or iTunes, I would change those, just to be on the safe side.

Since the defacement redirects to the exploit, it appears, haven't surfed it because I'm not on a sandbox, I wouldn't think the database was compromised. But either way, change your passwords to the email account listed on this site (if it is the same password as accessing this site) and iTunes, if iTunes uses that email, and that password.

Just be smart. And then congratulate yourself. Someone here pissed off someone enough for them to deface this website.

I think that [uck fay]in' rocks.

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm assuming our passwords are at least salted when they're stored in the database and not in plain text?

3. fl0at_

Couldn't tell ya. Didn't write vBulletin, and didn't setup the mysql database, and don't have access to either the code or the database.

But I would assume you are correct.

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I'll get them sunshine pumpers back.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Bet it was Barbara Damn Dooley.

6. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Pretty sure they are .. unless TenD changed that for some reason ....

Lulz

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Those fargin sneaky bastages.... I'm with fl0at_. If someone is mad enough to go to this trouble, we're doing something right. The truth can't be silenced. We will eliminate the disease of accepting mediocrity as a great season that has infected too many of our fans and has manifested in open, puss oozing bloody sores, fits of paranoia, mass hysteria, dementia, hallucinations, general stupidity, and diarrhea of the mouth. The pumpers are scared.....really scared. They are a disease. The 8th (and a qualified, competent coach) are the cure.

8. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Ha, it tried to redirect me to a Turkish website of some sort. I'm blaming Al Qaeda for this one, they support piss poor football.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

lol awesome. I wondered what that weird page i kept getting was about.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, Al Qaeda is Arabic. This is some sort of Turkish Islamic fundamentalist group, I think.

11. fl0at_

Well, guess it wasn't a script kiddie, then.

Who the hell pissed off a Turkish Fundamentalist group?

12. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Didnt understand half of that gibberish in the OP, but I guess it means we have hit the big time

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Terrorist attack, IMO.

14. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Put Obama on the case......Ive heard he has a knack for tracking down and killing terrorists

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'm scared now. Am I going to be raped in a Turkish prison? I knew Tenny would eventually get the last laugh.

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Pro Dooley guy or somebody from VN we have pissed off, imo.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So who knew the lone pro dooley turkish islamic fundamentalist was also a computer nerd. What are the odds?

18. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Got an alert in my gmail this morning that my account had been accessed by someone other than me. Assuming it has to do with this. Fair enough, terrorist bastards, password changed.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I will do everything in my power to get my revenge. That entails asking fl0at to do it and then taking a nap.

20. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

I'm with ya bro. I will fervently put all my confidence in our puter gurus. Man, I need a sweatband.