We've got a coach

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Oct 16, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's hard going to work knowing you may get arrested for attempted murder on your boss, though

NYY and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I personally have always thought he has a great mind for the game and is a good D coach and can possibly be a HC some day. Totally agree that he was an ass at the end and went out like a [itch bay]. I lost a lot of respect for him while he was at Tennessee.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Would have been better if he punched Lyle in his throat and told the world he's a [uck fay]ing idiot.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Another reason I am disappointed in him.

5. Dalekanium

Dalekanium Chieftain

You’ve mentioned Ric Flair and now, for the first time, I’m confused about whether or not I like the woo. I still won’t do it, but I can almost tolerate it if I imagine 102,000 Ric Flairs.

6. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

What would be better would be the cheerleaders yelling "Give me Teo claps and a Ric Flair" and the entire stadium claps twice in unison and then yells WOO.

But the main problem with both, doesn't the bastard pull for the Dawgs?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you pull thousands of women over the years, there are bound to be some dawgs.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He pulls for who pays him

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That Ric Flair’s personal exemption is both all-encompassing and preeminent to all laws of man and beast, is beyond any serious debate.

However, as the Rocky Top “woo”, as its now known, has exactly zero to do with Ric Flair, it cannot be covered by even his personal exemption, immense as it may be.

Instead, both it and any who practice or promote its use should be called out for exactly what it and they are - delegitimizing bastards.

Saying the “woo” is akin to, but still far worse than when grown men:

Shake a pom-pom. Or even possessing one, beyond holding it for a young female fan.

Tweet at players and recruits.

Ask current players for autographs.

Own and wear orange and white checkerboard overalls, flat-billed or backwards-turned ballcaps, and upturned polo shirt collars.

It is the singlemost grotesquely dumb things in the entirety of the Tennessee universe, and without a single exception. There is no reasonable argument to be made in its defense.

woodshed and Savage Orange like this.
  10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

*clears throat*

Woo!

utvol0427 likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't care what age your body is, your mind is very, very old.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

You deligitimizing bastard, you!!

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

tl;dr Tenacious PJ doesn't like the woo.

14. Savage Orange

I’ll take this conversation one step further and say that Rocky Top should be de-emphasized and Down The Field (the original version... without the slight pause after the “fight fight fight”) should be returned to its rightful place as the crown jewel of the Pride of The Southland Band’s repertoire.... I find Rocky Top to be a pedantic caricature of almost every hillbilly stereotype that exists. The “Woo” just makes it more cringeworthy.

Come at me, bros....

awebb7 likes this.
  15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think he was born about a century too late.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Was waiting on this. Because I imagine this same conversation about the "woo" was being had about Rocky Top in general in the 70's.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My wooing is directly related to my level of intoxication. Drunk me woos like the biggest delegitimizing bastard in the world. Sober me may or may not woo or even participate in singing Rocky Top.

Savage Orange likes this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Rocky Top angers opposing fans, I like that.

19. Savage Orange

In my eyes, the only redeeming feature of Rocky Top is how infuriating its constant repetition is to other fanbases...

Memtownvol likes this.
  20. Savage Orange

Beat me to it JG...