My VN visit

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Apr 29, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I went over there to see if my tennis buddy had posted anything about tennis.

I ended up getting into two separate threads about the merits of Dooley. Was I just destroying folks left and right? Why do you even ask? Of course I was.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is that the pro-Dooley crowd over there is worse than you ever imagined. And I don't mean in terms of numbers of people. What I mean is that the "arguments" they present in favor of Dooley are on their face devoid of any and all merit. Stuff that is too dumb to even warrant a response. Statements that are just silly. And yet the people making the statements appear to actually believe the words they are typing. It is bewildering to me.

Now I'm not saying that everybody has to share my opinion on Dooley or they are wrong. What I"m saying is that there is a line between reasonable and unreasonable. And they crossed over the latter a long time ago, and they were upshifting as they did. It is a sight to behold. As soon as I saw that somebody wrote that UK had a more talented football team last year than UT, I had to leave. I felt I might get dumber if I carried on any further.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Negavol. Not a true fan.

I am a Barney the Purple Dinosaur loving simpleton because I feel that the expectation for UT football should be excellence. At least that's what I was accused of being. Would be comical if it weren't so sad.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's not all bad, so long as you take out the fact that even the worst of these people are Tennessee fans.

4. kidbourbon

Apparently some of them even went to UT. Which just breaks my heart.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know, that pisses me off. Probably psychology majors or some shit.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

When I saw a thread talking about the lack of UT players in the NFL draft as proof positive that Dooley is actually a great coach, I turned off my computer.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's really hard not to troll a bit.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What was the logic, that draftable players stayed to play with Dooley? Did you ask who these future NFLers were?

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's the dumbest argument I've seen yet.

I will never understand why people go out of their way to make excuses for a coach that's 4-12 in the SEC. He was dealt a shitty hand, but he hasn't made it much better.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's also not really hard to troll a bit.

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

It's funny to watch.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

and depressing at the same time knowing that the majority of our fan base is that stupid.

13. kidbourbon

As I was reading some of these posts on VN, I actually got a mental image of a gymnast on a beam bending over backwards.

14. kidbourbon

Definitely. I told the dude (or chick, I don't know), that it was the single dumbest thing I'd read in the calendar year 2012. And this wasn't hyperbole. It actually was.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The steep plummet in average IQ of posters over there is the main reason I began posting over here more. This place may have a small group of people, but at least none of us are [uck fay]ing retarded. That place is almost cult like. If you don't support Dooley, you are ostracized beyond belief and attacked as if you were a convicted felon. But if you attack a Dooley supporter for his or her opinion, you are threatened with banishment. It's ridiculous.

16. kidbourbon

Getting bigger every day.*

*Much like my penis.**
    **At least during those parts of the day when I get a chubby.

17. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Are you banned over there yet, Indy?

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

yeah. I was the reason for the slogan "Banned for charity!" in our yahoo bracket pool. I tried to take Hat's idea of buying tickets for less fortunate children over there and caught a perma ban for it.

19. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

They are just [uck fay]ing stupid over there. I had forgotten that was you that got banned for that.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah. I was okay with it. I couldn't enjoy posting over there anymore anyway. I just wanted an explanation for my banishment. After 3 and a half years and 15k posts (though most were in the endzone or trolling), i figured they could at least give me an explanation. Never got one though. Most people on here received the same treatment.