Do you believe Dooley when he says this...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanjo, Apr 30, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

From a recent SI article:

“I was never really as concerned about the future as most people,” said Dooley. “These guys have been a fun group to coach, they’re committed and they’re working hard, and I know the results are gonna come.”

Do you believe him? Is this 2011 class for real? Should I book a room in Atlanta for December?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I would hope he feels this way, and I can see where he's coming from to a point. That said, I'm not as confident. We'll see, won't we?

3. volwarrior33

volwarrior33 Member

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He might get lucky and ride Bray, Hunter, and Da'Rick to Atlanta.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I wouldn't believe Dools if he said the sky was blue and the grass was green.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

He saying whatever he thinks will save his job. By week 4 he'll be throwing everyone under the bus again.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was pretty close to getting the boot this winter.

When your AD says the team isn't young anymore, it's pretty clear what's in your future

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Try saying that on volnation. You'll soon be informed that 7 wins will be progress and will keep Dooley safe.

9. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Only trolls, Negavols, and users with multiple screen names believe more than seven wins is fair to CDD.

10. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Cue up some asshole bringing up Nick Saban's loss to UL Monroe as some kind of evidence that Dooley is doing just fine.

11. JayVols

Give 'em hell over there DV.

12. JayVols

Or losing to KY that was using a WR as QB in not a big deal and blown completely out of proportion. AS a matter of fact, having that WR as QB that went 4 of 6 passing for 15 yards actually gave KY a better shot at winning than an actual QB. Or that KY had better talent, or...You guys know the absurd homeristic leprechaun screwing unicorn fantasy land those dumb asses live in without me going on and on about it.

13. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

just more water on bamboo talk..

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I somewhat believe and agree with him.

I give credit where it is due - he's gotten the roster back to SEC standards again. As pretty much everyone has said, we at least pass the eye test for the first time in a long time. I don't think it's fair right now to try to compare recruiting and talent with LSU and Bama as they are in a class by themselves, but our roster is at a point to where we can be competitive week in and week out. Now, that doesn't mean we are three deep at every position, but the roster is probably as good as it has been since 2007. Other than Bama, IMO, talent wise we've got a shot every week to win. It's the first time post-Fulmer I've thought that in the spring.

Does that mean I think this staff can do it? Unfortunately I still think the answer to that is no. Once again, we'll know Dooley's fate when the calendar rolls to October 1.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It's already been pointed out that Alabama had no draft picks in 2008, then won it all in 2009. Dooley is gonna get us a NC this year. I can feel it...

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

His feather in the hat is recruiting, and I believe he's only an average recruiter.

17. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Doing what I can to help the war effort and get rid of all trolls. GBO, VFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I think he believes what he says.

19. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Im not sure I believe anything that he says other than that he is thrilled to be here. The fact that we had a center snapping the ball at Bray's knees most of the time tells me he can't coach. The fact that we lost a game because we sent 2 extra players on the field tells me that he can't coach. The fact that the #1 overall kicker and punters suck, and that he hasn't replaced them yet, tells me he can't coach. His excuses told me he couldn't coach.

He is learning how to be a head football coach at one of the premier football schools in America, and that alone should be grounds for dismissal. He was a quick hire because everybody was butthurt about Kiffin and wanted to save a recruiting class, when we should have took a deep breath and found a guy who isn't about to drown because he is in over his head so bad.

20. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

We may have a more talented team this year, but that [uck fay] up will find a way to lose to Florida. Wait and see, and when he does, his office better be cleaned out by the time the lights go off in Neyland.