"The Athletic" discussion

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Aug 5, 2018.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would have killed to see the look on ddiapos face

warhammer likes this.
  2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

My girlfriend did work for the Dooleys and found them to be good folks in her experience.

3. clownbaby

clownbaby kidbourbon version 2 point no

I remember back in the days when the entire internet was free. I liked those days.

IP likes this.
  4. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

I hope that I am never within 100 yards of Butch Jones. It would be a 100 yard sprint, Braveheart style.

5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

A .308 round would get there a lot quicker...

woodshed likes this.
  6. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

Your right, but he deserves some up close and personal attention. Plus, it would be more fun for me.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Lyle doesn’t deserve quick.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  8. Savage Orange

I never said it had to be a head shot... or even a gut shot. Not to start out with, anyway...

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’ve never been a particularly physically aggressive or violent person, but even now, as both a fat and old man, I’d legit be willing to fist fight someone over EB.

Forget all that he and his family have done and still do for Tennessee - you will not meet better, or more humble folks, than the Berry’s. It’s not possible.

10. Savage Orange

True, and good luck finding anyone who’d have something bad to say about him requiring you to fight them... I live near his family here south of Atlanta and have met his mom a few times. Better people do not exist on this vale of tears.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Superstar Eric Berry spent many college nights playing video games with Evan and Elliott in his dorm.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

My youngest has attended two Berry camps, and I’ve felt like there as at least a 50/50 chance that James Berry wouldn’t finish the day without pulling off his belt and whipping someone, be it EB, Evan, Elliott, my kid, your kid, camp coaches / helpers, concession workers, random passers by, etc.

And you, your kid or anyone else would have thanked him for it.

The kids are always and understandably starstruck by EB & the Twins, initially, but as the day goes on, you’ll see more kids swarming / following / talking to James, than anyone. And it becomes obvious that they most care about his approval, too.

I’ve told this story before, but I’ll never forget that moment when James noticed EB crouching down to take a picture with some campers as others were out picking up equipment from the field. As soon as he yelled at EB to quit taking pictures and get out there and help, that all-pro / NFL superstar / multi-millionaire immediately stood up, said “Yes, sir!” and sprinted - SPRINTED - out to help grab cones, shields, tackling dummies, etc.

Good parents can’t hide good kids.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Treyvon Paulk hit a girl, one of the Berry twins whipped his ass and sent him down the road before Butch could kick him off

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  14. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

His dad, James, painted our house before Eric was on the radar. Awesome guy to be around. I was legit sad when the job was completed.

justingroves likes this.
  15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

His girlfriend used our house’s parking lot on game days my senior year, so he’d always end up back there after games. Didn’t matter how many people were there asking for pictures and autographs, he took the time to make sure every single person got exactly what they wanted. This is while being exhausted from just playing a game, yet never complained, rolled his eyes, or anything of the sort. One of the most genuinely nice people I’ve ever met.

zehr27, Tenacious D, NYY and 2 others like this.
  16. Savage Orange

In my eyes, Eric Berry epitomizes what it means to be a Vol. I can’t think of another player in my lifetime that I’ve been more proud to see wear the Orange & White and that includes all the other players I’m sure are about to be mentioned...

Memtownvol likes this.
  17. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

These threads bring back heart warming memories of the Berry family. A few years ago on a Friday night before game day, my son and his family went to the hotel where the team was staying. The first Vols they saw were the entire Berry family. My grandkids asked Eric for his autograph and he was very gracious. They wanted a pic with him but he wouldn't have it, instead he got all the brothers to be in the pic. Evan then asked if they wanted some more autographs and of course the grandkids said yes. So Evan started calling players in their rooms to see if they would come to the lobby. Josh Dobbs was one of the players that came down and he was just as genuine the Berry's. For sure the grandkids will always remember this night. They said the only player that refused to come down was that guy that transferred to Baylor :). The Berry family made an incredible impression on our family that night.

Memtownvol, Tenacious D and lylsmorr like this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

So, a walk on wide receiver runs a million dollar company out of his apartment. No one, outside of Ubben, thought to write about it

2Maggitt2Quit and lylsmorr like this.
  19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's funny how he finds amazing stories that no one else even tries to write about