Richie Farmer accused of corruption

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, May 1, 2012.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Former UK legend and recent Kentucky Ag Commissioner Richie Farmer accused of misuse of state funds stemming from allegations that he used state employees to chauffeur his dog, took rifles purchased with state funds, and installed a basketball court at his home using state workers.

Audit: Richie Farmer abused system | The Courier-Journal | courier-journal.com

Judging from the article, his defense seems to center on the fact that he was a UK basketball player and is therefore entitled to receive kickbacks.

Go Big Blue!

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Louisville fans behind this. Pure smear campaign. Innocent I say. IMO JMO IYAM

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Really disgusting abuse of position.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sweet correlation of last name and occupation, though.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

His mustache should have been prosecuted for crimes against humanity years ago.

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Interesting sidenote:

Farmer was always suspected of being much older than reported in high school, when he also sported a heavy stache. It seems that many official records in Manchester burned in a fire and his original birth certificate was lost and had to be replaced.

I spent quite a bit of time off and on playing basketball in that area in HS. My father met a man, a Clay Co. booster, during that time who claimed his daughter was born on the same day in the same hospital as Richie. She graduated 4 years before he did.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's wild.

8. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Airtight, IMO.