In a slump

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by CardinalVol, May 1, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

7 game losing streak has put the Vols at .500 overall and 7-14 in conference play. That's good for last in the division and 11th overall. They are currently two games behind Georgia and Vandy for the 9th and 10th spots for the trip to Hoover.

I was semi-afraid this was going to happen. There's just not enough talent. Honestly, they were probably playing way above their heads mid-season. All hope is not gone though, but to have a shot at Hoover it's an absolute must they win 2 of 3 this weekend.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Still, they showed some things this season.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm sure kicking Nick Blount off the team didn't help morale either. Wish it would come out what it was. My guess is he went out Friday night with some friends at Auburn and got caught.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Gotta do what you gotta do as coach. I can't wait for next season, there is one hell of a recruiting class coming in.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Was a recurring theme with him this year. From what I hear, the last straw was a late night rampage. Nothing overly serious. Just a coach who is trying to change a culture and open spots for guys next year. This clearly sent the message that no one is above the team. Even a guy with 10 saves in an already short pen.

There will be more dismissals/transfers soon.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Take this slump and shove it.

Go Vols.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Ahem....screw Vandy.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  8. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

"The one thing Tennessee always does is kick the shit out of Vandy" -[ddiapos]