Helton Gotta Go

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Nov 17, 2018.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You're the one that's been told how weak this team is. What do you expect?

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

This is the new Tennessee

A-Smith likes this.
  3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Improvement. This is the opposite.

InVolNerable, zehr27 and utvol0427 like this.
  4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

As bad as Butch was as a head coach, some improvement would be expected by default with a coach worth a shit. Looks like we may get a one game improvement over what Butch/Hoke gave us last year.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

With the players that were called the weakest bunch Pruitt has ever seen?

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Last year's team gets reamed by Auburn and Kentucky. Calling no improvement is nonsense.

Vanderbilt is better

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Have they gotten weaker? This pathetic team is going to beat us worse than WV did.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yes. All things being equal, we should see improvement going from Butch Jones to a decent coach. This team is actually a little better talent wise than what we had last year.

Only a one game improvement will be a massive failure and we will have to hang our hopes on a bunch of 18 year old kids that haven't even committed to UT yet.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You have to be kidding me

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I believe it to.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Looking at players that have actually gotten better, there are only a handful. One is JG and we are evidently about to fire his coach. The two DEs are better. Maybe Shy, but this is really his first healthy season.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I’m down for one more year before completely giving up hope. But I am pessimistic.

chavisut likes this.
  13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And my wife won't let me [itch bay] and moan in my own house while watching football, so damned if I am not going to [itch bay] and moan here.

No offense, Lyle.

But also, my kids are 12 and 13. They have never seen a good Tennessee team, and it pisses me off to no end. It hurts, and when I hurt, I shout and yell.

And losing three in a row to Vanderbilt should be grounds for just shutting the whole AD down, filling in Neyland with dirt and making it part of the [uck fay]ing ag campus.

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

No, it isn't. Maybe if it was still healthy, but right now, on that field? Hell no.

15. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Expecting next year to be rough too, considering we'll be rebuilding both lines. But can't be much worse than this.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It will be exciting when we inevitably fire Pruitt and then he goes to one of our rivals and blows us out in Neyland.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Care to dispute it?

JG is a year older and has actually been coached by someone that knows QB play.

RB a little worse without Kelly.

WR/TE - Have Jennings back. Added DWA.

OL - a push, at worst. Actually had some S&C since last season.

Didn't lose much on D other than Gaulden, but added some talented CBs.

I just don't see a position group that is noticeably worse this year than last with the exception of RB.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    InVolNerable and NEW COACH like this.
  18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Pruitt has had more talent than 99 % of CFB at every stop.

It’s all about the jimmies and joes. Top 10 class a must.

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Right, wrong or sideways in regards to coaching and or development this team today is showing no signs of caring about embarrassing themselves against a mediocre team.

utvol0427 and chavisut like this.
  20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Game means a lot more to them than us.