Hugh Freeze

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Nov 26, 2018.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Let us recap his fall at Ole Miss here.

Didn't we only hear a very small amount of what was alleged to have happened there? Wasn't there a big investigation, the results of which remained hidden from public view, but evidently convinced Hugh to leave a gigantic buyout behind without protest? Anyone remember more details?

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He blamed Houston Nutt for the NCAA sanctions, Nutt lawyered up and found the hooker phone calls.

He was cheating his ass off recruiting wise

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He may have been cheating, but the morals clause is what got him. He was told by the AD to resign or he would be fired via the morals clause. So he bowed out and left $15 million on the table.

4. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

“Sounds like my kind of guy.”
    79A21C2E-D05B-4FF8-A1BC-2A060EA9D1BD.jpeg

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think paying a prostitute is an unredeemable act. In fact, it’s on the level of public intoxication or a 20 mph+ speeding ticket.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Calling hookers on your company phone will violate most every morals clause in any contract

Memtownvol and Tenacious D like this.
  7. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

And he wasn’t even charged, nor did it bring any legal implications.

If his family forgave him and stuck with him, why should anyone else care?

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah, but he was such a pious piece of crap. He knowingly made a mockery of his religion, which happens to be the religion practiced by the majority of the fan base.

A-Smith likes this.
  9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I agree with this. I am not a fan of prostitution, and the reasons are about sex slavery etc, but for the most part, he paid someone for sex. He didn't have knowledge of a child rapist and not tell anyone.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That hypocrisy bothers me more than anything. I would think more of him if he just came out and said "Meh, I am not a Christian, I was just faking, going to get on with my life now" or he actually repented and started following his religion's actual doctrines.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

If calling hookers is wrong, I don't want to be right.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That would put you out of business since you are the hooker

NorrisAlan and NYY like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

We all fall short and we all stumble. And we all are sometimes in denial.

I'm not giving him a pass, I'm just not writing him off for a mistake that did no lasting harm to anybody. He made a mockery of the dominant faith of the country, in the same way many do who adhere to it but stray from its teaching. Paul was writing letters about it long ago, and I don't mean Finebaum.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

You never did accept the subtlety of a urinal foot tap. You just pull it out and see who doesn't run away.

NYY likes this.
  15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Is that completely true though?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

maybe I am missing something. Nobody was murdered, raped, or maimed though?

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I can’t speak for his family but I’m willing to bet many have lasting emotional harm from those situations.

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I still think there are people out there who would do a good job coaching college students football that aren't scumbags, and I think we should look for one of them.

Call me Pollyanna, but it's just the way I want to see the world.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I have more of a problem with the accusations against him of liking teenage girls while coaching high school girls' basketball. If the guy wants to screw hookers, I don't care. I am amazed at the stupidity of using your state issued phone to do it, however.

DC Vol likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, that does sound more serious.