POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My brain says "grgrglgrglgrglglglgl" all the time.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

The quote actually sums him up nicely. His feelings are more important than facts, at least in his own deluded mind.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

6. NorrisAlan

He still doesn't understand how tariffs work.

IP likes this.
  7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I have to be honest, I guess I don't either

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Ironically if you change the word tariffs with taxes and you'd get the inverse approval/disapproval.

9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Say it ain't so! But China has total respect for his very, very large brain.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

We the consumer pay tariffs through rising prices. That's our money filling the coffers. Tariffs were the precursor to the national income tax. We got rid of them when we got the income tax. Now we are going back to both.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Do you feel the same way about taxes just wondering. I agree with your comment above besides we didn't ever stop them

12. NorrisAlan

Yep, it is a double dip into your pocket.

Think of it this way, KMF. You make knives, and you sell them. Suddenly Broward County says any knives made in Dade County and sold in Broward will have to pay a $25 dollar tariff to sell them there. Do you eat that $25 or do you raise the price of your knives $25 that you sell in Broward County? Odds are you raise the price. So when you pay your tariff check to Broward, you are just giving Broward County citizens their money back.

13. NorrisAlan

I don't mind paying taxes, just don't pretend that someone else is paying them when I know full well I am.

Poppa T and IP like this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel the same way about deceptive taxes. We didn't stop tariffs completely, but they are a tiny fraction of what they were.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This shit is amazing. Reading his tweets is astonishing and should disavow any idea he's playing three dimensional chess here. His breakdowns are epic and provide great insight that Mueller is hitting a little too close to home for him.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Same reason I laugh when people say a wheel tax is more fair than a property tax because if you rent you don't pay property taxes.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

People are dipshits.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jesus have mercy.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Most companies will just buy stuff from other countries with lower to no tariff and it will be business as usual. I bet some Chinese companies will setup factories in these countries as well. Long run this hurts China way worse than it does us. imo

That said I am not a big fan of tariffs.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah, it still leads to some (smaller) price increases due to the shuffling in supply chain. Living that right now, luckily it's buying season and it's not enough to deter people yet.

Its all just [penis] waiving though. And we have two leaders with equally small [Richards] doing the waiving