Hugh Freeze

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Nov 26, 2018.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

After a successful revolution last year, Vol Twitter is in Robespierre mode now.

IP likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When Freeze is at Liberty, I'll laugh

3. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

So Low is pointing to Fulmer not wanting Freeze.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Now Aubun won’t let Malzahn hire Freeze.

Maybe Sankey has made it clear that it’s more trouble than its worth.

Either way, I don’t think he’ll be in the SEC next season. Believe it would have happened already, even if the destination was Bama.

lylsmorr likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

There seems to be this undemonstrated assumption that Freeze is the best offensive mind available. Why?

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Forbidden fruit.

I agree that he’s been overhyped. Do think he’d be a good hire though, strictly from a football perspective.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Strictly from a football perspective. But surely there are other at least equally good hires possible, with 100 % less "other perspectives" concerns.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

No doubt about it.

9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Best? Who’s to say. Very good? Hell yes.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Equally good with less luggage, substantially less in some cases? Yes.

As big of a turd as Freeze is there are more "unclean" coaches out there than anyone wants to admit.

11. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Name a coach with a better football resume than Freeze that Tennessee has a legitimate chance at?

Some might say Chaney...anyone else?

12. Beechervol

Can you lure one of those here to work seems to be the big question.

Either Pruitt is all over the top of this and the media has just completely twisted this thing into knot for nothing or his rookie learning curve has hit hard at a bad time.

13. Beechervol

Chaney is making a little over 900k, he would have to turn down 1.5 before I left.

If I read correctly Pittman is making about 800k.

14. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Pruitt works his assistants butts off. I’m sure that’s the life of succesful SEC coaches, but Pruitt is eccentric (and I’m not saying it’s bad). It’s going to take a workaholic to come in and work for Pruitt.

15. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

If anything, I sure as hell would make UGA cough up more money.

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. clownbaby

clownbaby kidbourbon version 2 point no

Are there? Are we going to get as good an OC if the requirements include piousness? At the very least, doesn't that make it more difficult to ensure tha twe do get the top offensive mind?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Freeze is pious. Being pious or not has nothing to do with it.

I'm also looking for someone to be a leader. You can be a savant at x's and 0's and do poorly because you are not good at the other parts of being a coach.

18. clownbaby

Perhaps pious was a poor choice of words.

Speaking narrowly on the issue: should one's proclivity for banging hookers be a factor for consideration? I personally think not.

We could have Charles Manson calling plays from his cell if he's the best option. I don't give two poops.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree. Him personally banging hookers should not be a major factor. I said as much earlier in this thread before I learned of details that should be.

Charles Manson would be a hell of a recruiter, but the NCAA infractions would be murder.

A-Smith and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  20. clownbaby

As an aside: I didn't know much about the actual Charles Manson case until I saw a documentary maybe a year or so ago. I wasn't aware that he didn't actually kill anybody and was convicted on a theory of vicarious liability, and i don't think most people are aware of this.

Getting a conviction in that case was far from a sure thing. The prosecutor was very good.

**TDCVOL** likes this.