Kemba Walker v. Steph Curry v. James Harden v. Who Cares

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Nov 22, 2018.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Curry
    Regular season: 48%, 44% from 3, 23 points, 4 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals
    Postseason: 45%, 41% from 3, 26 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals

Durant
    Regular season: 49%, 38% from 3, 27 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 1 block
    Postseason: 47%, 34% from 3, 29 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 1 block

But Durant is Mr. Clutch and Curry is afraid of the big stage? Their playoff statistical changes look pretty even to me.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I am done with you.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Curry has some BAD post game performances. LeBron “disappearing” usually meant he either passed up a final shot or didn’t score more than 30.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m asking about the +/- stuff from Gahlee’s article.

And what about the finals? We all know they’ve rarely been challenged until the finals, if even then.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  5. GahLee

The article laid it out so plainly that my 9 and 11 year old had no problems understanding it. With Curry on the floor, with any grouping of teammates, Golden State is historically better than their opponents. Without him, they range from bad to just above average. It is that simple.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Goodness, please tell me you aren’t this dense.

It’s either that, or you aren’t reading my posts. But you quoted the post, so surely that’s not it?

I want to see the exact same numbers your article listed, but for playoff games, and, more specifically, finals games.

7. GahLee

You calling me dense is rich. Here you are facing a god damn mountain of evidence that proves you are dead ass wrong about Steph Curry and somehow it isn't enough.

8. NashVol11

LeBron was 3-of-11 for 8 points in a Finals game against Dallas, and these same dumb narratives were everywhere. Shockingly, it turns out that LeBron is plenty clutch and a sample of like 3 games doesn’t define someone’s career.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’ve asked you to provide the evidence that seems pertinent to proving your point, but instead of providing it, you’re sitting here whining about how I haven’t been satisfied with the other evidence you’ve provided.

Didn’t you say you were done? I was hoping you were serious. As I’ve said, hopefully Durant and Klay will both leave, and we will get to see how Curry fares.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The "same dumb narratives" were everywhere because that was the 2010-2011 season and LeBron hadn't gone on to make the finals for the next 8 seasons straight yet. He's been in more than twice as many finals as Steph, so statistically, he gets 2 bad games for Steph's every one bad game. The problem is, they don't really exist for LeBron.

Meanwhile, Steph went 1-10 from 3 and scored 11 pts in a finals game last year, 2-9 from 3 with 14 points in a finals game the year before, 4-15 from the field with 11 points in a game the year before, and 5-23 from the field, 2-15 from 3, scoring 19 pts (because of 8 FT's) the year before that. He's had atrocious games in every single finals series they've had, and the real kicker is that THEY STILL WON 50% OF THE GAMES I MENTIONED.

If LeBron has a game like any of the above mentioned, it's a blowout loss. Curry's team is so damn good that they can overcome his atrocious performances and still win.

11. GahLee

You've reached the unfortunate position of trying to boil down Curry's career to a handful of games.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, I suppose that’s probably how it looks to someone who can apparently only read and consider single posts at a time, rather than looking at the entirety of my posts on the subject.

13. GahLee

You keep saying things like this. I completely understand what you are saying. I just completely disagree.

14. clownbaby

clownbaby kidbourbon version 2 point no

I like how you kept Harden on there.

15. clownbaby

Did a team with Lebron James, some dryer lint, two twigs, and an empty starburst wrapper beat the Warriors with Durant?

Was Curry on that team?

16. clownbaby

The NBA doesn't have a single elimination tournament.

The team that wins a 7-game series is the better team. Period.

17. NashVol11

LeBron without help has never beaten the Warriors in a series. In fact, LeBron needed a lot more help from Kyrie to beat Curry in 7 games than he did from Wade in dismantling Durant’s Thunder.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You're missing the point. He's stating that every one of Curry's titles has an asterisk next to it. His first came against a team with multiple key injuries, and his last two came with the help of the 2nd best player in the world, including the final one being against a team that had LeBron and nothing else. Just look at the last 4 seasons' finals:

1. LeBron puts on a [uck fay]ing clinic and wins two against the Warriors with nothing but Timofey Mozgov and Matthew Dellavedova as support. No Kyrie, no Love.

2. LeBron (with a full squad) leads the Cavs to a victory over the team with the best regular season record in history. But this is still a feather in Curry's cap because of the regular season they had? Give me a break.

3. Warriors win because Durant puts them over the top.

4. Warriors win because Durant puts them over the top, and, as CB/KB mentioned, the Cavs were nothing but LeBron, some dryer lint, two twigs, and an empty starburst wrapper.

19. NashVol11

That’s a pretty weak point, as each of the last two were won “because of” both of them. If you put asterisks by both of those for each player, then Curry has one other title (with an “asterisk” because of injuries, which happen in every sport ever) and Durant has absolutely nothing. So the second-best player in the world is what, neither of them?

This is like me saying LeBron has an asterisk by his title in Cleveland because Draymond was suspended when the Warriors otherwise would have likely won the series, or an asterisk by his title over the Spurs because Ray Allen hit a miracle shot, and hell, put an asterisk by his first one because Wade and Bosh “put him over the top.” If that’s the point, y’all will need a better one.

20. NashVol11

We’re now having the inverse of a moral victory discussion. Instead of talking about how losses aren’t really losses, we’re talking about how wins aren’t really wins (but still are for Durant, apparently), with a dash of injury excuses thrown in. I feel like Butch is still here.

GahLee likes this.