Mike Yurcich

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Thanks. With a name like mine, I try to get other people’s names right...

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I get that. Apparently we were unable or unwilling to meet Briles’ stipulations so he’s moving on. Got the Heisman from Kitchens & Enos. Drinkschlitz acts like he don’t know nobody... is there anyone else I’m missing that was a legit contender before we possibly end up with a Big XII guy?

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t think anyone has a damn clue and Pruitt doesn’t leak shit out since he isn’t trying to win them over.

That and Knoxville media being a bunch of dumbases leads to shit being thrown against the wall by them.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Still still still holding out hope for a Chaney/Pittman combo. Wishful thinking I know...but still hoping.

reVOLt and NorrisAlan like this.
  5. ziv1173

ziv1173 Member

Did you see Pittman's twitter after they landed that 5star OL today? I can't imagine he posts something like that knowing he's leaving.

Maybe we circle back to them at some point, but I can't see how we'd have them "in the bag" at this point.

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I think this is exactly what happened. It’s no coincidence that none of the big schools took him.

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

This is also true. Pruitt isn’t an emotional midget like our previous coach and half the fanbase.

tvolsfan likes this.
  8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Hubbs on Yurcich: "He is the guy that the Vols seems to have zeroed in on. I'm would expect Gundy to make a play to try and keep him there. And there's nothing done at this point from what I"m told."

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I fully expect to be 80 years old and Gundy still be ripping UT for pay bumps for himself and his staff.

Memtownvol and tvolsfan like this.
  10. Beechervol

Left rumor they re offering 1.3

Pickens just looked under the couch cushions and matched.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If we get outbid by Okie State, we deserve whatever we get.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

It’s amusing when people seem to think Tennessee doesn’t have deep pockets.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I always find out about yet another wealthy booster. We are blessed with many generous alum and friends. But if you were simply wathing how our AD approaches hiring, you'd think we were only getting the TV money.

Memtownvol and tvolsfan like this.
  14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I often think we over simplify or just over estimate how simple it is to get someone to move in the modern climate of compensation at these teams. I am not sure that just throwing money works.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe. Throwing money at me sure would work.

16. Beechervol

If its about bidding Id take 1.5 and go open some other doors before I settled on this guy.

Sounds like were offering a 500k raise if the 1.3 is correct. Which it may not be.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I believe there's over 20 assistant coaches now making over a million dollars.

Which is crazy since Tennessee was the first one to pay an assistant over a million dollars in 2009

justingroves likes this.
  18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

sure, but when you are making 900k and enjoy your job and location and think it is better for you to get a HFC gig you want, why move for another 300k? I felt this way when we were looking for a HFC, I just think there is so much money out there now that throwing bank isn't going to do it.

19. Beechervol

It doesn't in every case. Some of these guys are smart enough to be looking at 5 and 10 years down the road and which jobs set them up for promotions. In this case a head gig. He's not going to hurt his resume if he stays at Ok St. and imagine within a few years may be getting some looks if they continue to throw up the video game numbers.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Spot on. Years ago coaches moved to chase money. Now many of them have plenty of money and dont want to uproot family and take a risk