Gazing into the crystal ball....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Where do you see the program in three years? Five years? Now that Pruitt has his first class (for the most part) nailed down, this is his baby now. No more pissing and moaning about Lyle’s leftovers... will UT get back to the business of making Saturdays at Neyland fun for us and nothing but loud, long misery for opponents (and their asshole fans) or is Grudemonium III on the not-too-distant horizon?

I’m going Clubber Lang here...

“My prediction?..... Pain”. For our opponents (and their asshole fans)...

2. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Hard for me to make a prediction right now. We will know after next season I think. Pin this post and I’ll make my call next year.

3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It's his team but we're still in transition away from dumbass and his guys are young. Next year will be very uneven but we'll get some glimpses of where we're headed and we're going to like it but we'll also experience some frustration and disappointment.

GahLee likes this.
  4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I think we will be rid of the loser mentality come next year, that will go a long way. Roster is still a ways off. It will be year 3 before we are fielding a more talented and deeper team that can compete for the division.

Savage Orange likes this.
  5. Savage Orange

That’s my opinion also. By year three we’ll know for sure what we’re working with in Pruitt. By year five we ought to be a team nobody wants to play, especially at home.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I lean towards us looking for another coach in 3-4 years. I think having to dig out of the hole we are in plus having to learn to be a HC as he goes will be too much for him to overcome. I hope I'm wrong and this is just me being a negative asshole, but I'm not overly optimistic.

kmf600 likes this.
  7. Savage Orange

Understandable, given the events of the past decade. I think Pruitt’s recruiting will be his saving grace, but if it isn’t, the next guy will be in a much better position talent-wise than the one Pruitt came into.

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think that this is likely true, but that his next OC will be the single biggest driver of that prediction.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I hope not. The cycle has to be broken and its going to get harder and harder to break if he cant dig us out. He better build a defense to keep us in games because he doesn't have the luxury of a good qb to lead his team. Not a good position to be in as a HC if you cant trust your qb, often the difference between wins and losses.

10. Savage Orange

I’m warming up to the idea of Osovet. Just because he’s not a household name doesn’t mean he can’t or won’t be successful here. He’s familiar now with Pruitt and what he wants to do.

** forgive me for reading into your statement something that may not be there but “Please God, not Osovet” was the impression I got **

11. Savage Orange

The bastard love child of John Unitas and Tom Brady couldn’t play behind that OLine we had...

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have completely given up prognosticating anything. From sports to politics, all of my predictions have been utter shit the last two years.

So my official prediction is :

[​IMG]

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Several of the most trusted members of this board, and who know their shit, rave about Osovet.

Savage Orange likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The offensive coordinator hire will make or break him. He hires a guy that consistently puts 35+ points, he'll be fine.

RockyHill likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

OL sucked. Even more reason to have an aware and mobile qb. I still saw plenty of chances in all games. Guys wide open in middle of field or beat their man deep and went unseen or 10 yards underthrown. 10-15 yards of space to run or buy time and it didn't happen. Add the inability to get out of bad plays, or get into a good play at the los, or see a telegraphed blitz coming from 10 o clock and change protection, roll away from it, check to a hot or just throw it in the dirt.
    If you were a HC and had 3 years, would you feel good with your career in the hands of our supposed starter?

16. Savage Orange

If it’s guaranteed that Guarantano is our starter next year then to me, that’s another check in the “hire Osovet” column... he’s familiar with JG and would have a head start in addressing his several shortcomings.

Memtownvol likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

i'd be totally fine with hiring Osovet and him working with Maurer already. JG can't process fast enough to run rpo, which is why we are probably the only sec team without it in the playbook, making it easier for the defense to make a read and go.

18. Savage Orange

I’d have to wait until after spring practice to go there just yet, but you may be into something.

19. Ssmiff

only way I can imagine enjoying next year is a change

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Osovet taught kids that barely graduated high school his system. He had his offense scoring 70+ points a game at times.

justingroves and Savage Orange like this.