How bad was the talent against Missouri and Vandy?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

True. We were debating whether we’d “only win seven” or get to eight and a NYD bowl... then it all went to shit.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Which is bizarre

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Ill say this for the Vandy game and Mason. I always thought of the Vandy rivalry as a joke of a rivalry because it almkst completely was for over three quarters of my life. Fast forward to now, I've seen that jackass dancing after the game so many damn times I'll laugh at every victory over them by any team for years and years to come.

Dalekanium and Memtownvol like this.
  4. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

We need another 20+ year streak, and stat

5. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Locker room was clearly a disaster. You had players showing disdain for those that had quit.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Wonder how many D1 schools will have fewer nfl draft picks from 2014-2019 than UT. Pretty sure every SEC school will have more. If we arent putting nfl talent on the field while trying to compete with developmental nfl teams, we are overall going to get beatdown in a long season and thats what happened this year and last, among many other problems.
    Got to get some players that look like they have a feel of how to play. Like Alontae and #20. Ty. Callaway. When we cant name an OL, DL or QB that looks like a good football player with some instinct, it's why we lose.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Why are you mad at Mason? He's beaten UT 3 years in a row. He should be dancing and laughing.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Why do you interpret my comment this way?

9. cotton

How else would I interpret this:

I've seen that jackass dancing after the game so many damn times I'll laugh at every victory over them by any team for years and years to come.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That I think mason is a jackass and I now really hate Vandy. I have an uncle who is a jackass. I like him a lot. I don't give two craps about mason other than he has hitched his wagon to Vandy, but I am tired of seeing his jackass dance.

11. cotton

I wasn't trying to be shitty, just pointing out that it's hard to blame a man for celebrating his win streak over his in-state rival that has every conceivable advantage over his school.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Noted. Glad you enjoy it.

13. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I equate Mason dancing with Lyle smoking cigars after the Bama game... only Mason actually had something to do with his teams win... both are [penis] moves because they happened at our expense. If they had happened at Florida’s expense It’d be different.

14. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I doubt Vandy had more talent than us, but their QB is legit.

Regardless, in no way should we have lost that game in the manner we did. Another reason to be pessimistic about this coach.

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Vandy’s talent has actually been in a true strength program and they are coached by a really good defensive coordinator. You could see that result coming from a mile away. Same thing for Missouri. Just look at the difference in those two teams O-Lines vs. ours.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

There are far more big, strong, fast players in football now than even 5 years ago. Vandy isnt outtalented as much anymore. Had ND beat at ND. They get a decent defense, qb and a little coaching and can compete almost every week.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, they're still Vanderbilt

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The same could be said of Auburn and Kentucky. We pooped the bed and rolled around in it.