POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I posted some of the posts : comments in my Facebook feed in the Trump thread, but thought I’d start a thread. I have to say - a lot of the off the wall stuff is from the Republicans in my feed (also stuff I find off the wal you might not) but there will be some liberal gems I’m sure.

Feel free to join in if you find it amusing / interesting / scary / whatever.

IP likes this.
  2. TennTradition

From tonight. From the same person that thinks we should sterilize illegal immigrants:

It is not right when an elderly person on SS has to pay out there whole check on medication. Immigrants get it free!​

How exactly do immigrants get their medication for free? Are there programs I’m unaware of?

Regardless, shouldn’t we be focused on reducing cost of healthcare?

JayVols likes this.
  3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Can't help here. I don't do Facebook. It's the devil incarnate.

reVOLt likes this.
  4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm just here for the typos and rants.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Sucks man. If you did, you'd know that all you gotta do is renounce citizenship, then sneak across the border, and your health care would be covered.

IP, gcbvol and TennTradition like this.
  6. JayVols

Sign me up!

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Isn't one of the issues with hospital/ER visits being so expensive because people go there, give a fake name, and never pay? ER can't refuse anyone, so everyone has to pay 60 coconuts for an aspirin? Serious question

8. JayVols

It's not just illegals doing this. It applies to everyone.

And that's why it would be better if everyone was covered. Those of us with insurance wouldn't be paying outrageous premiums to cover those who can't pay. Also, people could actually visit a doctor's office for non-emergent care instead of using ERs as a primary care doctor.

True story: Someone gave my phone number to an ER when they went. Collections contacted me over it. I invited them to investigate, but I assured them that a Jose Rodriquez (not the name they gave) has never had my number, nor have they ever lived with me. They'd just be losing more money doing so.

9. TennTradition

I thought of that - and I’m not sure how true it is but it certainly seems plausible - but it doesn’t explain why monthly medications would be paid for.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

When Cubans make it to the United States, they are technically here illegally, but if they stay here for over a year, they become a resident. They are eligible for all forms of welfare, which include healthcare. I might be 100% wrong, but I think I'm right about some. I'll have to Google it if I remember later

11. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Make sure and post your findings on FB.

kmf600 likes this.
  12. TennTradition

Boom:

Do you support the wall? Then you're a hypocritical racist...or a brainwashed sheep. Either way...trash. #fdt #nowall #sheeparedumb #lemmingsjumpoffcliffs #standagainstracism #standagainsthypocrites #trumpequalstrash​

13. JayVols

Seeing how I can't contribute, I'll just hang up and listen in this thread...

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

During the election, Facebook was unbearable. The real term "fake news" actually referred to the plethora of phony stories, like out and out baloney, not just biased stories based upon facts. Now the phrase has been bastardized, but the amount of blatantly absurd stories people readily believed was disturbing.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  15. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Fake news

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I just know that tomorrow, Facebook's doing something bad with you posts or info or something or another unless you copy and paste and like and share and whatnot. Don't ask me which tomorrow. I'm sure several went by before I saw it the last six or seven days in a row now.

A-Smith and TennTradition like this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you have serious chronic health issues and you attempt to skate by on ER visits, you won't have health issues for too long. An elder's care just isn't really comparable. Also, I have yet to see a homeless person and think, "they look healthy." Not once. All because it is expensive doesn't make it a "deal" compared to having real health coverage with more than the amount of treatment it takes to get you out on the sidewalk.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sometime in the next 5 or 10 years google, amazon, and/or facebook will finally admit that they have been "listening" in some fashion to our conversations through our devices. They've denied it but there are too many times when I have a in-person conversation with someone about something I have never looked at, searched for, or heard of before and suddenly start getting ads for it. Like bed linens, for instance. Never have I ever typed the phrase or browsed online for such things. I had an in-person conversation about them, where I answered the affirmative about perhaps putting it on a wedding registry, and within an hour I was getting multiple ads for bed linens. The registry hadn't even been started yet.

I know that sounds like the insane rantings of a sick man and is getting into tinfoil hat territory. But remember I said it.

19. TennTradition

I think that the phone - which is always listening (Hey Siri) is holding in cache for a certain period of times phrases that it recognizes. If you pay them, your app can cross-reference that cache for phrases and if there is a hit it can then trigger a directed ad.

IP likes this.
  20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If you ever see a picture of Zuck with his laptop. The Microphone and Camera always has electrical tape over it. Is the NSA or Facebook listening and watching? You decide.

IP likes this.