Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

They good. That offense will be a monster next year.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Yep. They lose a ton on defense. They’ll be good, but vulnerable on that side. Problem is, nobody is slowing that offense. Lock for the Playoff again.

3. chavisut

They’ve been recruiting lights out. I don’t think you lose a DL like that without some issues but I think they’ll be alright. Xavier Thomas will be the next AA up.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He got pretty lucky, though. Just happened to have the perfect QB available and uncommitted in his first class, along with JRM and Sutton already committed, who were some of the best we’ve ever had. Just happened to have a stud running back, an all time great DE in state and a legacy that would end up being one of our best return me ever in his second class. Pruitt isn’t likely to luck into that kind of production.

5. chavisut

Teams only wanted Lawrence because of his hair. Amirite @Ssmiff

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You think JRM, in his two years starting, is one of the best linebackers to play here?

Sutton was really good, but he's probably not in the top 10 all time here

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

that was a joke. But I didn't think he would see windows like he sees and thought he would go down running with that height.
    Wrong once in 3 years and you can't let it go.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I almost posted something like this last night. That a freshman QB just rocked Alabama tells me we can not be more than 3 or 4 years behind at any time. Like, you can only get that far behind. Now, when you start the clock on closing the gap is another matter.

9. chavisut

Once in 3 years? Okay.

I’ve brought it up twice in good fun. Sorry for hurting your feelings.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Ssmiff, ptclaus98 and JudgmentVol like this.
  11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Don't force me to change the title to Hurt Feelings Thread With Some Football Talk

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There aren’t 10 better than Sutton at his best. We’ve had some go on to be very good in the NFL like Greer and Coleman, but they were never lockdown guys here.

As for JRM: 1. He should have been starting as a freshman. 2. Yes. He’s one of the best. I mean how many guys do you put ahead of him this century? Eddie Moore, Omar Gaither, and? Burnett and Simon were both Uber talented but constantly hurt. Marvin Mitchell was good for a year. AJ Johnson was consistent, but I wouldn’t say better than JRM.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I think after Lawrence burned them early to Higgins Bama got gun shy. The few times they tried to get after him he did s good job of reading it early and getting the ball out before something bad happened. Clemson's pass protection was stellar and Lawrence was a step ahead of the pressure that was sent.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Man I was kidding. Im wrong all the time. The only one on this site I think. Need a sarcasm font

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just thinking about Dabo. Remember when Clemson beat the hell out of Ohio State a few years ago? Is there another coach in the country that’s put a beat down on both Saban and Meyer?

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Spurier has.

justingroves likes this.
  17. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

What’s the kicker to me is how the Clemson fans pissed and moaned loudly about Dabo getting the interim label lifted... you’d have thought Clemson had hired a poor man’s Botch Jones as much complaining as they did. They ain’t complaining now.

TangoUniform likes this.
  18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Good call. He put a whooping on Dabo, too.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

His resume was terrible and he was on staff for Bowden’s mediocre results. Really felt like a give up hire. He just happened to turn out to be Les Miles, but capable of hiring good coordinators.

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Did he have a spiral notebook with a get well plan?