I got nuttin but love fuh you, Swipa

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by kidbourbon, May 6, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;SATn5eyJi7Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SATn5eyJi7Y[/video]

2. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

A stupid as this is, I feel bad for Swiperboy for having to deal with the VFL idiots of the fanbase.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I really don't see why anyone would hate on him. He spent 4 years here. He just wants a chance to play, and has no legitimate chance to do so here (or so he feels).

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Vol so hard...Eric Berry....uhh, yeah,....did I mention Eric Berry....uhhh...

5. kidbourbon

I actually think that was rhetorically effective the way he did it.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could be wrong, but I think he was saying without saying that Eric Berry left UT early to further his life goals, and while on a lower level he is essentially doing the same thing.

Kind of wonder if we shouldn't give SB a "bon voyage" via the 8th twitter. I think most all of us wish him well on his next endeavor.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

If he could ever accept the fact that he's not ever going to be Kevin Durant, and work on his post game, then he could be alright.

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Seems like a good guy, but he was as overrated a basketball player as I've ever seen.

9. kidbourbon

Definitely

10. kidbourbon

Only in HS. In college, it was pretty apparent from the get go that he just simply wasn't that good.

11. kidbourbon

'Alright' is about as far I'll let you go there without respectfully disagreeing.

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Yea, that's what I was meaning. He's not very fast. He's not very strong. He can't dribble well, and he's mediocre to bad shooter, and he can't rebound. He can't defend the perimeter or the post. And, for the life of me, I can't understand why the [uck fay] KO would want him. I watched kids from LMU just absolutely kick his ass in the RTL. It was sick.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I feel like he coulda done a lot of these things better than he did. Every once in a while he'd do something that made you think he had it in there. Made him all the more disappointing as a player, I guess.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

that's not necessarily his fault. His size and last name worked against him. I have no doubt he wanted to be good, he just never was able to get it together. i can understand, I'm a bit uncoordinated myself.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I have no problem with him trying to get playing time else ware. He's not getting it here, and it's not like he's going to one of our rivals.

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

You don't hate USC? Not a true Vol fan, IMO. GBO.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

His exit via twitter has been remarkebly similar to that of jmoore joining the military.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Is that his dad who just passed away? If so, thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yes.