TN OC Hire

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 29, 2018.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sure, but they didn't succumb to the panic. At least it doesn't seem that way.

A-Smith likes this.
  2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Facilities are catching up, but they had fallen behind the top of the conference.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Pruitt knew it and took a little less so long as it allocated to the assistant pool.

zehr27 and lylsmorr like this.
  4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Whose are better? LSU, Georgia, Bama, A&M all better? Anyone else?

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

[uck fay] Tenny.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Does LSU really have better facilities than UT? After all their financial issues in recent years?

7. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Exactly what I was thinking. I highly doubt it.

8. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Going to try reverse psychology on the cosmos... Pittman ain't coming

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. cotton

Our practice facilities were behind all of them (I don't know A&M) until the recent upgrade. Our athletic dorms were behind everyone except Vandy before the new ones were built.

The stadium renovations need to be completed.

10. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

McClung Tower and the entire Humanities complex can be torn down and sent back to the Brutalist hell they came from.

11. cotton

In its last days, Stokely was one of the dankest, darkest, decrepitest hell holes anywhere.

I remember an AAD telling me that Bama had athletic dorms with 5 private bedrooms off of a central living area and kitchen, wired for internet with big screen TVs, with a state of the art dining hall with made to order steaks and seafood. We had Gibbs. Which one would you rather sell to a kid who is going to live there for the next 3 or 4 years?

The gap has closed a lot with recent projects, but we have been behind.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

LSU's campus blows away most everybody.

13. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

And yet, it’s still one of my most treasured places on the planet because it’s where I first got to see Tennessee athletics in person, around 1970-71. Neyland (before the north end was closed) is the other place I first learned to love the Big Orange. I still have my mother’s “Mears’ Dears” button and wouldn’t take lifetime season tickets in exchange for it either...

Tenacious D and Poppa T like this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I still loved it

spurgeon and Savage Orange like this.
  15. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Yeah, when I was at UT 2000-2003, it looked more at home in the Eastern Bloc than as a college campus.

When I lived at Shelbourne and it was nicer than some UT facilities, that's a pretty low bar. They've done a lot to not only make it a nice campus but overall a lot less depressing.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Now that's a place I've not thought of in ages.

17. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

It apparently was condemned within about 5 years after I moved out.

The medical fallout of that place will be fun here in about 20 years.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I was at a friend's there one night and I look out the window and realize that this chubby gothy chick is giving some guy a lap dance/strip show directly across the way with the window wide open. We end up standing there laughing for a solid 10-15 minutes at this. The dude had to weigh at least 250 too.

Good times.

19. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

Hellbourne Towers. Lived there for 2 years in the mid 90s. Hall parties every weekend on our floor.

20. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I prefer the "Pittman till it's not." karmic approach.

UTVolinExile likes this.