Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Nov 28, 2018.

1. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

If he was starting and putting up numbers, Kirby could drop racial slurs from the sideline and he wouldn't care.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

This.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yet he was given a golden ticket out of town.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

No. There’s no rule he has to stay put.

5. Savage Orange

Thank God Jackie Robinson and Jesse Owens never went to Georgia...
    Any ticket out of Athens is golden....

hohenfelsvol and awebb7 like this.
  6. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

What? If he was starting and putting up numbers with Kirby saying that shit it would further enhance his desire to move on.

There's a lot of dumb ass "kid should just shut up and play" comments in here. Damn, y'all.

7. MettaWorldPeace

I personally do not care one way or the other, but playing the "victim" angle is BS.

8. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Is he playing the "victim" if he is, ya know, the victim of some blatant ass racism?

lylsmorr likes this.
  9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think all players should be allowed one transfer without the sitting out a year penalty.

warhammer, utvol0427, zehr27 and 4 others like this.
  10. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

He's just using whatever leverage he can to get the NCAA to let him play. 100% agree with it.

Indy, InVolNerable and Tar Volon like this.
  11. MettaWorldPeace

This.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not a very big PC victim mentality guy, but there's video evidence of a UGA scholarship athlete calling another scholarship athlete a racial slur

lylsmorr likes this.
  13. cpninja

cpninja Member

instead of worrying about if someone can be a victim and transfer w/o penalty, I'd rather just let the athletes move as freely as their coaches tbh

awebb7, utvol0427 and Memtownvol like this.
  14. Savage Orange

When it stops being used (albeit in slightly altered form...) 495,308,012,947,954,923 times a day by every other person on the planet who ISN’T of the Caucasian persuasion I’ll have a little more sympathy for the “emotional damage” it supposedly causes... and miss me with all the excuses as to why it’s OK for “other people” to use it with impunity....

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I’m ok with anything that says a big [uck fay] you to the NCAA. I’m also ok with anything giving student-athletes more power.

cpninja, justingroves and Tenacious D like this.
  16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Of course. Since you don't understand why it would, then no one should feel its impact.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I just don't see how you can say either that UGA didn't do everything they could to right the wrong or that there would be any sort of assurance the same thing wouldn't happen at Ohio State or wherever else. It's not like there was a consistent pattern of racist behavior. It was one jackass who was handled about as effectively as you could ask.

I'm all for guys having the ability to transfer, but I if you are going to enforce rules, I don't really see why this incident would grant someone an exception.

Tenacious D, Indy and Memtownvol like this.
  18. Savage Orange

The same point works both ways, man... you apparently don’t see why anyone would think it’s hypocritical to have words that some folks can use and it’s perfectly fine but if other people use them they’ll be lucky if they only lose their jobs... racism is racism. Don’t excuse it when it works FOR you...

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Austin Kendall, backup QB at Oklahoma and former Vols QB commit is entering the transfer portal.

[​IMG]

justingroves likes this.
  20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, I can see why, but I don't think it has much merit. I'm not a fan of people using it, but the history of the word is such that the group of people whom it has so adversely affected by getting to make the rules for its use isn't a huge problem, nor some huge hypocritical injustice, for me. Plus, the manner in which it is used by the two groups and the intention of its use is much different.

Again, you don't understand the impact and the difference because you just don't care to, which is why you fall into this false equivalency.