Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I wonder if Hurts is headed to Oklahoma.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Can we just establish that no one here has a problem with the kid transferring or being bothered by a racial slur? People have a problem with two specific pieces of this story:

1. He claims to be transferring because of the racial slur, but it seems much more likely that he's transferring because he's not starting at Georgia and is good enough to start at other big time programs.

2. People don't like that the whole racial slur thing qualifies as a hardship that will allow him to circumvent the rules and play immediately. I'm all for more player mobility, but the rules, as they exist now, say that he has to sit a year. I don't think he should get special treatment because of someone using a racial slur against him at a previous school.

4. Savage Orange

If I don’t “understand”, it’s not because I “don’t care to”. I’m old enough to have gained some insights into how folks very different from me have lived, why they have the prejudices they have and why they continue to justify those prejudices... whatever their skin color may be. Without trying to sound like an asshole, all you really know about me is a very thin slice of what I post on this board (and the same goes the other way... I know jack shit about you either, but Insuspect we’d get along pretty good in person) so making blanket statements about what categories I “fall into” is inaccurate at best.

5. Savage Orange

Again, he’d be crazy not to. OU has everything he’d need to get a leg up on going to the NFL.

6. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I don't mind "I want to get away from these racial slurs" being equal with "I want to play near my grandma with cancer" as an excuse. It sucks that the impact has to be "exaggerated", but that's the game with the NCAA currently.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[soapbox]
    First beer, now racial inequalities.

FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL

[/soapbox]

InVolNerable likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I suppose it's important to know if drunk dude that yelled it was drunk off of stouts, lagers, or IPAs.

9. Savage Orange

Bourbon. Nothing brings out the racist within like dark liquor....

10. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Hey look, relevant post.

Eli Wolf and Drew Richmond in the portal.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

How do I enter the transfer portal? This sounds like an interesting adventure.

12. Savage Orange

Where is Richmond thinking he could go that would be a better place than where he is now?

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He probably won't be playing much this coming year.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Bummer on Eli but good riddance Richmond.

15. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Yep. He sees the writing on the wall.

16. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Richmond is epitome of the Butch era. All hype and disappointment.

BigOrangeBeech likes this.
  18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Your equivalency of being upset for people using it, "hypocrisy", and people being affected by it directed towards them is false. It doesn't affect you, or a group of people, to not be able to use it as it does for those who it may be directed towards.

Anyway, should the kid get to claim hardship for it? I guess it's as good a reason as any else. I'm all for the greater empowerment of athletes to have freedom of movement in these situations as much as possible.

19. Savage Orange

20. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Just because UGA fixes their problem doesn’t automatically mean Fields should be cool sticking around.