Holly Warlick

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by NEW COACH, Feb 15, 2018.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup.

They want to be known as the "Lady Vols" then IMO, I don't have to cheer for them as a "Volunteer" program.

As I have said many times, let them totally fund themselves with no men's athletics money as long as they want to go this route.

Tenacious D and NYY like this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[uck fay] those fans, but I want the Lady Vols to succeed 100%. Fire her.

3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

This is me as well.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I want them to succeed in an I don’t check up on them, don’t care, kind of way.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

So in a “how smmiff enjoys his family on a road trip” kind of way.

Tenacious D likes this.
  6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I haven't experienced these fans. Not saying this isn't true at all. I just honestly never met any. Maybe I just live under a rock.

7. JayVols

Again, not being argumentative, but speaking as a former coach in girls athletics, I never understood the hang up with adding the "Lady" in front of "Volunteers". It's high school, but 99% of girls teams add "Lady" in front of their names. This is about the only place I've seen have a problem with that, and that problem seems to be a prevalent.

I don't particularly care for women's basketball, mind you. In fact, I don't particularly like basketball at all (I'm short & fat. Basketball has nothing for me.) I say that to let you know that I don't have a dog in this hunt. But, I really don't understand this particular hang up. I believe you on the funding issue, but I can't speak intelligently on that.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

I used to argue with a vet school faculty member about once a week over whether or not they’d beat the men.

9. JayVols

The worst men's team would beat their best. It's just how it is.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

Probably an average Knox Co HS team would. Try to tell one of Those People that.

11. JayVols

I really have never met one of Those People.

Like I said, I must live under a rock.

Now I'll say this, I had s pitcher about 4 years ago that most high school guys would have had a hard time touching if they were on a softball field trying to hit from 43 feet. I refused to even catch her warm up pitches. Told the HC that I'd quit if he even tried to make me. I was serious.

I dare say a good number of men would have a hard time hitting Monica Abbott from 43 feet. But that's entirely different than basketball.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Keep it up. One day on a road trip your teens will tell you to stfu if you keep rambling for 6 hours

13. CardinalVol

I stood went to murfreesboro in 95 and 96 when our high school girls made state. I watch softball a lot. Neck, coached it last year (my one and only time). The LV name alone doesnt bother me. Im fine with it.

What bothers me is too many of the LV admin and fans think they are above and dont need the rest of the university and athletic dept. Too much of the fight over ths name wasnt the name, it was because they were being brought in tue fold with the rest. Thats my issue. Its not the name. Its everything behind the name.

tvolsfan likes this.
  14. JayVols

Ah. I understand now.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is the best and most accurate thing that has ever been written in all of human history.

justingroves likes this.
  16. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I guess I missed most of that. I remember the "merging" of both departments, but probably just didn't pay enough attention to it. I wish nothing but success to everything associated with the University though.

17. CardinalVol

It's not just a one time thing. Its a attitude and entitlement.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It's really weird, the LV group wanted separate but equal (but they still wanted to the men's money, just their own power structure)

19. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I guess I've just never seen it

20. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

This is where I am. Anything, and I mean ANYTHING associated with the University of Tennessee, be it the football program, the women’s basketball team, the rugby team, chess team or the robotics geeks... If there’s an engineering meet or any sort of scholastic competition whatsoever I want them to be the very best because they represent UT. UT uber alles, y’all!!

Tenacious D, vols85 and 2Maggitt2Quit like this.