Next Coaching Moves

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If it doesn’t happen this year I think it would be highly likely that we’ll go after him again next year.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

No.

reVOLt, Memtownvol, Unimane and 3 others like this.
  3. Savage Orange

That’s good to know. I had figured it would have happened before this weekend because of the recruiting but I’m not terribly savvy about the inner workings of coaching negotiations. I really hope we can pull him away from Athens. It would serve two purposes... mainly, because it really REALLY helps us and it would just devastate UGa and their fanbase.

reVOLt likes this.
  4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Dammit, my boner is back.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

A pretty reliable source told me that he was waiting to see who UGA hired as OC.

And I don’t think he’s the biggest fan of Coley.

UTVolinExile likes this.
  6. Savage Orange

Good! That would be just like Georgia to make such a big to-do about keeping Pittman and then hiring somebody he doesn’t particularly care for as the OC...

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Checks out credible.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Sark headed back to be Sabans OC.

9. Savage Orange

It was fun while it lasted....

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah. I actually think Enos probably isn’t very good. Would have rather them try him out for awhile.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Alabama folks hate it. I think it’s a good hire and would’ve been happy with it at UT, though I prefer Chaney.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It didn't work the first time they tried

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Yeah, I get that...at least by Alabama standards. But it was one year, and they made the national championship game, if I recall correctly.

I’d rather have him than Enos. Would take him over most I’ve heard rumored for the job.

Fedora could have been interesting.

**TDCVOL** likes this.
  14. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Speaking of, what is Fedora going to do now ?

15. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

He’s so thoroughly mediocre, I don’t get it. I mean for Bama it’s fine, they could win a natty with Butch Jones as OC in a good defensive year.

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Probably chill for a year. His name really didn’t get much play for any openings, which is fine I guess, considering how bad it got at UNC. But you’d figure he could’ve been in the mix for some of these OC spots if he wanted to be.

17. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Sark only called plays after Kiffin left before the playoffs.

18. Dalekanium

Dalekanium Chieftain

In fairness, he coached one game, against Clemson, and they lost on the final play. He was an analyst before Kiffin left during the playoff. I think it’s a good hire. I don’t understand any backlash other than entitlement and Falcons fans.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Saban obviously likes him enough to bring him back after he bolted last time (which surprises me). Better hire than Georgia made.

Memtownvol likes this.
  20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Absolutely it is.