2019 Lady Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by YankeeVol, Jan 24, 2019.

1. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

How bad is the beat down tonight?

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If the LVs get their asses kicked in an arena but nobody is there to watch, did it really happen?

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I bet at least 15-20 points. At least. Muffet (greatest name ever for a women’s BB coach) doesn’t seem like the type to rub your nose in it like Geno does, but they still need to win big, and they will.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

6 in a row! 6 in a row!

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Lady Vols win tonight and Holly gets a lifetime contract.

Most Tennessee thing ever.

6. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

That honestly wouldn’t surprise me.

7. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Now I’m not from Knoxville (and only lived in Tennessee until I was 5 and the last 2 years), but I never saw any of the stuff mentioned about the ‘Lady Vol’ people. Now I understand where everyone is coming from regarding that (after hearing/learning about it), but I want nothing but success for everything University of Tennessee related (same for APSU), so it sucks to see the Women’s program struggle like this.

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Let's go Peay!

chavisut and YankeeVol like this.
  9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I never had any issues with them, until the LV faithful started calling everyone a sexist biggot that didn't think they should have their own AD and who wanted Holly gone 3 or 4 years ago. I'd like to see every program at UT kick ass, but I'll not be bothered if the LVs suck a little longer.

10. Savage Orange

15 points... not as bad as I expected but I imagine Muffet took it easy on Holly...

11. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

ESPN trying hard to sell the moral victory after a 15 point loss at home. Insanity.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Fixed

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I didn't see it until I was in school there, but damn it was bad.

14. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

They were sporty last night but you could tell the second they'd punched themselves out.

Holly makes a lot of money and deserves the flak she's catching, but I really wish she'd just walk away and acknowledge that she's not the boss type.

They win games now based on overwhelming talent alone, and have for a while.

10SEvols likes this.
  15. Savage Orange

Anyone else seeing the articles talking about the UTAD deficit after all the buyouts? Between that and the “we’re just SOOOOO young!!” Articles about the LV’s, all I can surmise is that Holly is here, and she’s here to stay.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

From email -

Big Orange Tipoff Club Newsletter:
    January 28, 2019
    Dear Roundballers;

The Big Orange Tipoff Club welcomes Coach Holly Warlick as our featured speaker Wednesday, January 30, at Calhoun's on the River.

Coach Warlick has been the head coach of the Lady Vols for six years and stepped in without any previous head coaching experience at a lower division or outside the spotlight. During her tenure the Lady Vols have gone 166-61. Warlick stepped onto basketball's biggest stage and has impressively guided the Lady Vols to a pair of SEC regular-season championships (2013, 2015) and an SEC Tournament title (2014). She has three NCAA Elite Eight appearances to her credit, and already has sent eleven Lady Vols to the WNBA all while maintaining a 100-percent graduation rate among Tennessee's players.

Before her coaching career, Warlick played for Tennessee under miturner@masimo.com

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Looks like Saturday morning rec league.

How do people willing watch that trash?

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Holy shit, I don’t know what the worst part of that even is.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Letting the break away go to the basket and hitting the bottom of the rim on the open layup is a tie for me.