A week in LA

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by hallowed_hill, May 7, 2012.

1. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I've mentioned elsewhere some of the great times i've had on business travel. Last week in LA was no exception. A quick recap of some things I did:*

-stayed in marina del rey. The george strait song was in my head all week.
    -"worked" in valencia. I'll leave it at that.
    -watched laker game at bar in santa monica
    -bowling, drinks, and food at lucky stripe with friends
    -karaoke at some dive bar. LA was not ready for Waylon. They seemed to appreciate the change-up though. Hilarious night.
    -breakfast on venice beach. Walked boardwalk a few times. Venice canals. Turned down marijuana offers ~2000 times on said walks.
    -propositioned twice by transvestite prostitutes
    -Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles. Yes, chicken & waffles. Quite possibly the highlight of the trip.
    -fish tacos. Shrimp tacos.*
    -some of the best mexican i've ever had.
    -drove the coast up to malibu. Beers on the beach. Amazing.
    -got lost in mountains driving from malibu to woodland hills. Overturned truck caused me to reroute, at which point my phone (conveniently) lost signal. 2 hours later, i arrived at my destination, 15 miles away (with no traffic)
    -did extensive street research re: droski. Quite simply, a legend. FWIW, the most fruitful research may or may not have come from aforementioned transvestite prostitutes.*
    -partied in hollywood with meagan good, nate parker, royce clayton among others. yes, i was the only white dude there. crazy night.*

Talked to a ton of people. Fun week full of adventures and new experiences. Still, grateful to be back in east tn.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

sounds great. did you make any of my recommendations?

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

How was the climax with said transvestites?

4. hallowed_hill

I did pacos and brennans. Both great suggestions. Would've hit a few more but my buddy cleared his schedule and I let him pick most of the time. We also did the universal city walk one night. Was fun even if extremely touristy.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

nice.

6. hallowed_hill

Went down rough but finished smooth.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't even know what that means, but I feel a little scared and wistful for the innocence of childhood.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Should have totally blown their minds with George Jones' "He Stopped Loving Her Today".
    Think alien heads exploding a la Mars Attacks, imo jmo tifwiw ftw.

9. JayVols

Damn you, sir. Coca-Cola coming out of the nose burns.

10. JayVols

[​IMG]

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

/adding to the [MENTION=154]hallowed_hill[/MENTION] blackmail list of things he doesn't want his wife to know.......

I believe I'm close to a free weekend of golf on his account!

12. hallowed_hill

i like to live dangerously.

13. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

As someone who frequents LA, I like the Gulf Shores area! Plus I was born in Los Angeles, spent my entire first year and a half there! I remember it well!

14. hallowed_hill

Hollywood party, redux tonight. Was an interesting week down in Newport Beach, but I've moved up to LA for the night before flying home in the morning.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If you are downtown la go to la barca. My favorite Mexican restaurant

16. hallowed_hill

Man, I would have. I just bounced around happy hours at la live and had some freebies staying at the jw.