2020 recruiting

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Dec 21, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tyler Baron, Jay Hardy or Tre'Vonn Rybka

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

DC boy

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I think we're gonna land Mitchell Mayes and Justin Rogers at some point.

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

RB
    DL
    WR

Biggest needs IMO.

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

With a 5 star qb already committed I think wr and rb will be an easy thing to come by this year.

A-Smith, utvol0427 and justingroves like this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And selling the OL that Tennessee just landed makes RBs want to run behind them

chavisut likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Arik Gilbert is a big freak of nature. The guy can be a TE or add some weight and be a pass rushing dlineman

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

"You mean I'll be cleared a path by two elite tackles, a highly rated guard, and an athletic sumb that's been moved to guard? I'll be there coach"

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

LB still a problem, too. Brought in a couple good ones, but Taylor, Kirkland and Bituli are gone after next year and I don’t trust any of those other Butch guys.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They have had Antoine Sampah, a 5 star LB from Virginia, on campus a few times.

Martavius French and Bryson Eason are teammates at White Haven in Memphis and are big time LB recruits.

Memtownvol and chavisut like this.
  11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

French? Any kin to William Henry?

12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

They will likely continue to keep an eye on Jevon Banks at Olive Branch. We recently offered his teammate Xavier Hill, a massive, raw OL.

Banks is a 6'2 240 OLB (composite 3* at this time), but very well may end up playing with his hand down in college. Offers from Miss St and Louisville (brother is a walk-on WR/TE there) along with some smaller programs.

13. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

4* OL/DL from MD committed. Offers from UGA, PSU & Others.

Hopefully an example of what the staff can do when they have 2 years to recruit a kid.

lylsmorr likes this.
  14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Harrison's cousin

utvol0427 and emainvol like this.
  15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Interesting. I was just in Salisbury the other day. Can’t imagine the competition out there is very strong, but you never know.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You'd say the same or worse things about where Patrick Willis is from.

Memtownvol, emainvol and justingroves like this.
  17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

My Mom’s birthplace. But Rivals says he goes to HS in Baltimore

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd think they would play against some solid teams across the state. They take their community stuff very seriously down there, or at least that was my impression from a short visit there for work a few years ago.

19. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Just read that he's transferring this year to play for a bigger football program.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It’s possible. I’d be curious to see how many teams they play on the eastern shore vs more mainland Maryland. They’re also relatively close to Delaware and VA, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they sprinkled in a couple out of state games. Not sure what the VA competition is like, but I’d assume Delaware is on the weaker side.

Interesting. Do they list Salisbury as his birthplace or current residence? That’d be a helluva commute to go from there to Baltimore daily.