POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Which is the flip side of the coin.

It's a problem that has to be solved, but we've got people that would rather score political points than solve the problem.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They're mother[uck fay]ers when it comes to construction work, I can't imagine healthcare

kmf600 likes this.
  3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Thank god I don't have to deal with them on that side either. My customers do and I have heard it's almost always a nightmare.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, it will become the economy in another 15 or 20 years if we don't change course.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I know the December and January jobs numbers looked good and it’s easy to be the boy who cried wolf - but holy cow did things screech to a halt globally in 4Q. We serve a lot of global markets and everything is off. Lower oil or real progress with China is going to have to grab the EM by the horns and pull them back up or it’ll have to show up here. Trump will do everything he can to push it off into 2021 And it seems Powell is going to play ball.

It was incredible how while monetary easing was having largely diminishing returns however as soon as a few key banks turned that spigot off, things sieved up in a hurry.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Card and a few others can speak more clearly to this than I can - but many, many businesses (and the larger, the more likely they do it) purposefully slow pay stuff, because the longer it simply sits in their account (and not yours), the more they can make in interest. When you’re dealing in millions of dollars at a time, even an extra day of interest can add up.

This is largely behind any policy that basically says we take / demand what you owe us immediaately, but we’ll take forever to pay you. They’ll make more money off that transaction than you will, even if it’s dollar for dollar.

Again, I’m no expert on this, but that’s my understanding.

7. CardinalVol

A basic summation, but yes.

Tenacious D likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

the parable about burying talents and the master being angry for the servant not even earning interest on it at least comes to mind. intentionally delayed payment for interest sounds like legal theft.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I guarantee they don't let me hold onto my money for 5 months before paying their premiums.

IP likes this.
  10. CardinalVol

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

12. CardinalVol

And not to this level, but it happens a lot more than you think.

13. Tenacious D

“bEtO IS GoNnA bEAt tRuMP!”

This is in Texas.

upload_2019-2-11_22-52-12.png

14. Tenacious D

upload_2019-2-11_22-57-49.jpeg You can see Trump’s big screen simulcast (for the thousands who couldn’t get into his rally tonight, but who still showed up) behind Beto’s rally!

Hahaha...my sides...

15. TennTradition

While it was more than 65 in the March, point taken.

I really don’t like the idea of anti-wall marches or demonstrations. It too naturally sets up the argument of oh, then you must be for open borders. Maybe some are. But most aren’t. However a huge number that are not open borders still don’t want to fund Trump in the way he wants to be funded. Just make it a Trump is an asshole who demonizes others to advance himself rally.

16. Tenacious D

Ya’ll best start getting damned serious about 2020.

17. Tenacious D

upload_2019-2-11_23-8-57.jpeg

18. Tenacious D

Quick point of correction - this is in El Paso, Beto’s hometown.

19. Tenacious D

20. TennTradition

Head to head in El Paso you think Trump wins....in a, you know, actual race. Not a please celebrate and adore me public spectacle.

tvolsfan likes this.