Next Coaching Moves

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Jan 9, 2019.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

It really seems that with Helton’s writing on the wal, we were a different team those last two games. I’m not sure it would have made a difference against Missouri but I think different circumstances, that team and staff beat Vandy to win 6.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hard to imagine. They whooped our defense good. I don't think we were capable of scoring enough to win against a Derek Mason defense even with a well-called game.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

13-29 with 1 int and no rushing yards from QB wont beat Vandy or anyone else.

4. TennTradition

I definitely remember their QB being dialed in and hardly missing a throw. I do wonder how distracted Pruitt was if he really was calling the O as was rumored. For me it wasn’t an offensive problem per se, just seemed the whole team was sleep walking the last few games.

5. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Yeah, there are a lot of variables.

Especially with the blowout loss to Mizzou... a bunch of upperclassmen didn't give a shit enough to get to bowl eligibility to play in Shreveport or Memphis.

6. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

You know what, I forgot that Kelly Bryant is transferring to Mizzou.

Chalk that up as a probable L.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

lol

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

UK has beat Tennessee twice in 34 years. Stoops did find lightning in a bottle, he's a career 6-6 coach that took a senior/draft eligible team as far as it could go.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think we'll see an offense that makes sense and a lot of youth on the defense. It will get better as the season progresses.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Oline and the Dline are what's scary depth wise. If Solomon gets eligible, the Dline isn't as big a fear. The oline is still going to need a few Butch guys to help depthwise and that's a concern. Everywhere else has kind of been de-Butched.

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

WVU with Grier was significantly better than BYU and it's a true home game.

UK will have a huge drop off.
    Mizzou will have a drop off.
    Mississippi State will have a drop.
    Vandy will be Vandy.
    SCe is a bit of a wild card to me.

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Todd Grantham (UF DC) considered a leading candidate for the Bengals DC job.

Another domino that could potentially shake up the staff.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

And we get USCe at home, and weve lost to them 3 times in a row. Time to end that one.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

believe I read the state of Florida has 50+ players at the combine. Tn has 10. They will always have homegrown talent and players

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Just one time in a row. We beat them in 2013 and 2015. I was actually there for both of them, which is kinda crazy with as rarely as I made that trip during Butch's tenure. Twice per year from 2013 to 2015 and none since.

Edit: my bad, I read "lost three times in a row" as "lost at home three times in a row." Yes, we definitely need to end this little streak. Crazy that the losing streaks to South Carolina and Vandy are longer than the losing streaks to Florida and Georgia.

16. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

GOT to get Soloman eligible.

DC Vol likes this.
  17. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

UK DC is in fact leaving now. Another potential domino.

18. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Sherrer will be a candidate for UK

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That would be perfect. Ansley calls plays and that opens up another spot

20. TennTradition

Lance Thompson come on down.