2019 Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think Virginia gets them if they play a third time, I really do.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The ACC love fest is notable all over the place. I think the conference, as a whole, is extremely overrated.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Hopefully it's in the ACC championship game

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

This has been said before, but Bert Bertlekamp is a legend. His call on Admiral’s dunk Saturday is outstanding. “Talk to me Admiral.”

Tenacious D likes this.
  5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

They would have gotten them Saturday if Duke hadn't pulled their best Warriors impression out of their asses.

That said, I don't think Virginia is as good as everyone makes them out to be either. What's their best win? A blowout victory over the current 6th place ACC team?

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Virginia is well coached but seems if you hold Guy down they are gonna have a hard time scoring more than 50ish. Bone and Lamonte would harass the hell out of that pg. He'd have no legs with 6 minutes to go, which is when it counts most.

7. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

STILL your number one Tennessee Vols

8. Ssmiff

A month at #1. Who woulda thunk it

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This one shocks me.

AND we're up 16 first place votes and 19 points, so some must have Duke at 3.

10. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I think this will be the last week we're at the Top of the polls. But none of that really matters right now anyway.

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I suspect there are a couple people going H2H police with Duke and Gonzaga.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

all you SOBs writing in an L @UK before the team has even gotten there sicken me. Has Admiral taught you nothing?

I dare you all to talk like that to his face. or Turner's.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I suspect you are correct.

I thought UK would jump to 4 as well.

14. Ssmiff

Beech has been boohooing how bad we look for weeks. Feel like he needs and L

15. BigOrangeBeech

Yep, I'm pulling for the team I despise most in all of college basketball to beat us this Saturday.

16. BigOrangeBeech

I hope they see exactly what I am posting and take it to heart. They are going to get pushed around on Saturday, they're gonna get outrebounded, the refs are against them, the fans are against them. They're gonna get beat.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I honestly believe that we've been coasting at about 80-85% over the past couple months, turning it up at times when needed. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, nor do I see close wins like @Vandy or home against Alabama as negatives. This team has fought through adversity and managed to not drop a single game they weren't supposed to yet. Nearly every single other team in the country has dropped one they weren't supposed to.

I do think UK causes some match up problems for us and can exploit some of our weaknesses. I also think that our experience and cohesion as a unit is a massive upper hand over their youth. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see either team win this Saturday, but I'm surprised that so many people on here seem to have already penciled it into the L column.

19. Ssmiff

lets be real though. How many teams roll into a night game at Rupp with Cal in the refs ear, with gameday in town, against a top 5 team and come out with a W.

20. BigOrangeBeech

Stop whining.