True Detective

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by fl0at_, Feb 18, 2014.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Teaser trailer

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

First two episodes of the new season come out Sunday. Not quite sure why they’re releasing two.

3. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I just remember, ahem, stumbling across some clips of Alexandra Daddario online from the show.

Ssmiff likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah I think I googled "who the hell is the actress with perfect [breasts] on true detective" after that show.

5. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

"who the hell is the actress with [perfect [breasts]|intense eyes|no panties] on true detective" all legitimately work.

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I’m hooked. Already better than season two.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Solid so far.

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It's great.

9. Ssmiff

Yep. Season 1 awesome. Season 2 not really. 3 looking good so far

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Been a great season so far. Main character appears to be a really good actor. Also, the old people makeup looks really well done.

*********Spoilers*********

Thinking the uncle that went missing might have somehow played a role? And even the mom maybe worked with him. Both displayed fishy behavior and ended up dead. Thinking the cop that went missing might have been the one that planted the evidence at Woodard’s house and maybe disposed of the unknown fingerprints. Obviously the attorney general looks suspicious, but he could just be holding back the investigation because it will make him look bad.

11. Ssmiff

Really good this year ezcept the need to a few rewinds and close captioning due to low mumbling, but hes a good actor. Much better than last year. Though I cant picture freaking Hoyt.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Another great episode yesterday.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, I think the end [Spoilers!!] is going to turn out to be where Tom actually turns the tables on the Morris guy, who the detectives help disappear out of sympathy.

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

From reddit, mostly

The Hoyt family paid Lucy to give Julie to them to replace their dead granddaughter, and then killed her, staging an overdose, in 1988 for wanting more money to stay quiet. The one eyed black guy from episode 6 was the one seen driving around in the sedan in 1980 with a white woman, presumably the Hoyt daughter who lost her child. Harris James who is now head of Hoyt security helped cover it up in 1980 by planting the backpack at Woodard’s home. He kills Tom after Tom discovers the “pink castle.” He was killed in 1990 by Wayne and Roland, presumably after they find out about his involvement in the coverup and that he killed Tom.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Do you post on tigerdroppings? I feel like I saw this exact post there.

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

No. it’s mostly from reddit. It is the exact same theory that has been floated since episode 2. Pizzalalotto has a thing for stories about rich, powerful people being able to get what they want, and getting away with it. It’s basically a tv version of gone baby gone, except its set in Arkansas instead of Boston.

tvolsfan likes this.
  17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Wouldn't this theory rely on Wayne and Roland knowing about the coverup when it seems as if they still regard this as unsolved in the modern scenes? Or, is Roland just humoring Wayne in his dementia?

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They may have just known (or strongly suspected without enough proof to get a conviction) that he killed Tom and couldn't deduce anything beyond that.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Hoyts do away with that security guy and Roland and Wayne are talking about another killing. Maybe they find another suspect that looks really guilty but they actually realize later they killed the wrong guy.

Have they ever really said if the official story changes after the 1990 investigation? Do the police maintain publicly that it was Woodard?

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Thoughts on finale? Would have liked to have seen Roland be able to figure out the real story of Julie. I suppose they left that possibility Alice with the son deciding to keep the address note. Maybe see what happened to the corrupt police/DA guys that always stalled the investigation. Overall, really good season, but the finale didn’t quite live up to the one from season one. Still very good TV.

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

“Instead of that woolly mammoth you’re [uck fay]ing.”
    “You cyclops mother [uck fay]er”