POLITICS Drug Prices

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Indy, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

One of my meds has increased from $1,200 to over $8,000/ month.

Same drug. Same delivery method.

And I'm kinda lucky compared to others.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That is total bullshit.

kmf600 likes this.
  4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

By testifying, you mean they try to burn each other, then nothing changes? I'm tired of the same old shit

utvol0427 and Joseph Brant like this.
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That makes me sick. Drug prices have gotten out of control.

JayVols, kmf600 and Joseph Brant like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

And the excuses are demented.

7. JayVols

They really have. It's greed on a vulgar scale.

emainvol and justingroves like this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's insane. I'm okay with a pill that cost .50 cents to make costing me say, a dollar. You got to make money and cover all the bullshit that goes along with developing medicine. I get it.

But if you're charging me 100 bucks a pill and costs you .50 cents to make you can go [uck fay] yourself.

Joseph Brant, emainvol and JayVols like this.
  9. JayVols

Preach, Brother Groves.

emainvol and justingroves like this.
  10. NorrisAlan

Or the grossest of gross, you have been charging $1 for 10 years and all of a sudden decide you need to charge $100.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How much does "all the bullshit that goes along with developing medicine" cost?

12. JayVols

Just because they can.

Stuff like this is why the popularity of universal coverage plans are rising rapidly. It's obvious they aren't willing to be good corporate citizens & govern themselves. People are tired of the bullshit. They are cutting their own throats by doing what you described.

13. JayVols

Do any other industries grossly inflate the costs of existing products to pay for R&D? Does a car manufacturer jack up prices 1000% on sedans to fund development on a coupe? Did any jack up prices on any inventory they might hold of cars 10 model years old to guarantee profits when the new models come out?

Companies are only assured of the opportunity to make a profit. Only insurance & drug companies, at least that I'm aware of, can manipulate prices to such a degree to guarantee profits with little to no options available to the consumer.

At least that's how I read things.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

and it was invented 50 years ago and was sold for a dollar 10 years ago before the original company sold the rights to it...

what they are doing to diabetics is cruel.

RockyHill and JayVols like this.
  15. NorrisAlan

They have you by the balls. You literally cannot live without their patented product.

I can live without lobster and filet mignon and eat bologna. But I cannot live without that one and only health product. It is disturbing and morally bankrupt.

JayVols likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

this would be relevant if we were talking about new drugs, or at least ones only on the market in your lifetime.

emainvol and JayVols like this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It can be millions.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is morally wrong and represents a perfect opportunity for the government to act on behalf of its citizens in stopping it.

See, these times do exist. They’re just rare.

19. cpninja

cpninja Member

Being a moral company doesn't boost your stock price or hit profit projections quite as well as going for 5000% profit on a captive market

20. NorrisAlan

Which is why we need an ethics revolution in the way we do business. I am not talking about regulations or more government, but an actual ethics revolution where profit is not seen as the sole and total existence of a company.

JayVols likes this.