POLITICS President Trump Emergency Action

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Which post contains a non-sequitur?

Can you answer any of my questions, B2K?

2. Tenacious D

So, Congress and/or SCOTUS?

That’s where your hope lies, and is your answer?

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I've no interest in going back and forth with you on such nonsense. You're making unsubstantiated claims. Prove that 8 billion dollars gets the US a wall that knocks down drug imports and illegal immigration.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm all for national and border security, but I've never understood the hard on for the wall.

I certainly don't see how it suddenly constitutes a national emergency.

emainvol, tvolsfan and JayVols like this.
  5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It doesn't. $8B walls have the same flaws as border fences.

6. Tenacious D

Yeah, were I you, I wouldn’t get in a back and forth with me on this, either. Smart call.

Hmmm...how can we provably know what effect a wall will have on illegal drugs into the US? I don’t know, maybe build a wall and then study it? Or, just guess, I guess?

7. Tenacious D

Google “Israel fence stats” and report back.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You propose spending $8B on a wall to study it. You've become a liberal and for big government spending.

justingroves likes this.
  9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Not quite the reason. It's always the same song and dance for you. You ask questions. Sometimes throw out unsubstantiated internet tripe. Then when parts of your argument or your entire argument falls through you go through and post "USA! USA! USA!" or post pro-Trump memes.

Rinse and repeat.

10. Tenacious D

The Dems actually stuck a deal to build a wall when Reagan was President, in exchange for amnesty for millions of illegals. He never got it.

I don’t know why anyone else has a hard on for it, tbh. I’d say Trump believes it’s the only sane way to not only secure the border (which it will), but it will provide tangible proof of when anyone takes it down.

11. Tenacious D

Or, maybe I was being facetious?

Go back to Congress or SCOTUS stopping this, please. Walk me through that process.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Seriously, this should be it. He undermined his own argument for a "national emergency" right here.

Unfortunately, similar to when he claimed clear credit and responsibility for the shutdown, some of his supporters will try and distort reality.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The same Reagan that said this?

“Rather than talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems? Make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit, and they, while they’re working and earning here, they’d pay taxes here. And when they want to go back, they can go back. They can cross. Open borders both ways."

Reagan, throughout, was pretty pro amnesty.

Pretty much the only thing I can find out there saying there was a wall to be built as part of the 86 Immigration and Control Reform Act is

1. Trump, and
    2. Michael Reagan (and I didn't realize his word was suddenly authority)

16. Tenacious D

I neither watch nor read FoxNews. Is that a non-sequitur?

I didn’t see where you mentioned is Israel’s building a wall worker or not, have you checked that out yet?

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Read the post you quoted. Israel's wall nearly eliminated illegal immigration. That's what in the article I posted and I said it seems cost effective for them. Their border is nowhere near the size of the US/Mexico border, along with other differences.

18. Tenacious D

A three-legged stool of border enforcement, cracking down on companies and amnesty - the last was immediate, and the other two were never materialized / funded.

Link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pb...tion-debate-rooted-reagan-amnesty-experts-say

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You're a true [Penis].

20. Tenacious D

Did Israel’s building a wall work? If you’d check the stats, you’d see that it did, and exceedingly well.

Who’s arguing that the mileage of Israel’s wall is the same as the southern US border? Is that the switch we’ve made?

I’m still stuck on your assertion that Congress and/or SCOTUS is going to “stop this”.

We can move on to the efficacy of walls, afterward, if you’d like. I’m going to open up that section of the debate by asking if your house has walls, and why.

And then I’m going to follow-up with the notion that even some wall is better than no wall.

I expect you’ll counter by sidestepping my questions in first asking me to explain how I can assert that walls work, based on the fact that your living room wall is not the same linear feet as the Great Wall of China.

You’ll then follow up in asserting that Godzilla / Congress / the Easter Bunny / SCOTUS / the Tooth Fairy is going to stop Trump from building it.