POLITICS President Trump Emergency Action

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

No,

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

No way. Republicans are terrified of him.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is true, for better or worse.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Then I hope they know that if they are terrified now, wait until some President declares gun control a national emergency. Or medical. Or any other range of things.

Hail [uck fay]ing Caeser.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I’m telling you... just split it down the middle and call it a day. It’s been a good run.

reVOLt and zehr27 like this.
  7. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I've landed here as well...I no longer think it's doable.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't think it would be good for anybody or end our political issues. People will find things to argue about and hate their opponents for.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

This site is full of reasonable and intelligent people and look at it. Draw your lines and move. The loonies on both sides are becoming the norms. Those in the middle are lost. Just call it a day and she had a good run.

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

My point is I don’t see it ending political tribalism. If anything, I think this would just result in the same thing in both split up countries. Just my opinion.

11. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I really tried to argue against this because I want to believe otherwise but I just ended up deleting everything I wrote because I knew it probably wasn't true. Trump and the inverse of Trump are bad for our country. I'm afraid we won't find the middle ground in time. It isn't happening in 2020. It is either Trump or the inverse of Trump. We still have a ways to go in this political climate.

12. GahLee

If America split, I imagine Russia and China would destroy us before we had a chance to destroy ourselves. It wouldn't last long either way.

13. GahLee

No, the people in the middle have no balls. Allowing the fringe to dictate the discussion.

14. GahLee

I do agree about the discussions that happen here. It is a shitshow at times and as you say, the site is littered with reasonably intelligent people.

emainvol likes this.
  15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If people think that the talk in current American politics is unique from all other time periods then they aren't aware of this country's history. There's always been nasty stuff out there from rivals calling Andrew Jackson's mother a prostitute to the the machinations of Joseph McCarthy. The 1800s had some really terrible shit going on, including brawls and assaults of Congressmen in the Capitol.

Yet, we survived. We will continue to do so.

16. Unimane

I don't think there's an inverse Trump out there. Hell, I don't like the Republicans, but I don't think they have a new Trump, either. He is uniquely bad and damaging in so many ways and I despise the efforts to normalize him adding the lines of "everyone does this". They don't. He is exceptionally poisonous in our public landscape.

I do think the next person, whether Democrat or Republican, will have more respect for the executive position and less of a autocratic bent. Just, in general, less of a ignorant narcissistic asshole and more of a statesman. I really believe this.

17. GahLee

Every Democrat is going to run on the platform of being everything that Trump is not.

18. Unimane

That's every election where candidates say they aren't the other guy. The inverse Trump is the lefty version of Trump with the silly Twitter nonsense, favoring absurd conspiracy theories over professional advice, childish behavior and name calling, etc., etc.

tvolsfan likes this.
  19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I have & show respect to 99% of the folks here whether they agree with me or not. There are just some things I on which I refuse to compromise, none of which have anything to do with an individual's political beliefs.

20. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I have a solution...make me the benevolent dictator.

JayVols likes this.