POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not picking anything in this poll, by the way. I want to wait until we have some epic 10 person onstage debates so folks can try to distinguish themselves.

I think OAC's comments recently on MSNBC are exactly where I am at: don't tell things being done many other places are "impossible," because that's just bad rationale for not doing something. Hell, it's flat out not true. There could be reasons not to do it, but that isn't one. Also, look back to our roots in FDR. I honestly believe modern GOP/conservatism is rooted in fear. The DNC should be the party without fear.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They’re the same. They both run off of fear and manipulation.

It’s just an illusion of choice but in reality it’s a monopoly of power.

warhammer likes this.
  3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I would not support any plan where people could "choose" not to work. I'm all about security for those who truly can't work, but people who can, should.

You already know this, but I live my convictions.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

So dark and edgy, bro.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I’m here for the moment when big time Dems who are currently in her corner, but are very much the peers of those old rich white men, turn on her for exposing them too.

We can mock the green new deal garbage and other silly things she’s said, but I’m pulling for her and more like her to get elected, on both sides of the aisle.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

So you will take her crazy ass over how things have been?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, I think there is value in putting forth ambitious goals and really trying to come up with solutions. Rather than just paying lip service and doing nothing.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

One of my friends posted a thing about dems alright trying to find a challenger against her

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

politics aside, OAC has come in with the fresh eyes of an ordinary citizen and the willingness to share what she sees on social media. I never heard of the practice she describes below, but it is surely disturbing from many different political perspectives. it's just "let them eat cake" ugly.

14. Unimane

This is the type of muckraking stuff we need.

15. vols4sure

vols4sure Member

Saw this yesterday and had never heard of it as well. Bravo to her for bringing it to light. Amazing how the media has ignored it for so long as it would seem to make a pretty good story (not really amazing given that lobbyists own the media).

16. vols4sure

vols4sure Member

17. Unimane

Jay Inslee, Washington governor, joins the race. I think he has a decent shot, if he can get some name recognition in the upcoming months.-

18. cpninja

cpninja Member

Climate change being issue #1 for him is intriguing. It really should be one of the biggest issues for everyone, but making it the primary issue in his campaign could really help him*

*or we'll look back and laugh at this post in a year when he's polling at 1.5%

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I honestly think we're getting pretty close to solving a lot of issues with climate change.

I just don't see climate change being anyone's number one and winning a national election over it.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know if she will win, but Elizabeth Warren represents me the best, I believe. I hate how dumb she was about the Cherokee thing, but otherwise she's just money in terms of having concrete policies.

I do believe she would lose to trump, but she's my honest favorite.