Dooley Already Lowering Expectations

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kidbourbon, May 11, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

We sittin' here in year three and you talkin' about...process, man! Process. Not the games. Not the games. Not whether we win or lose in the actual game. You talking about process, man. I mean we talkin' bout process!

Good point. I think you need at least three more years. That would be fair.

Justin Hunter isn't a first round pick? Riiiight.

Way to sell those season tickets, buddy. A fearless leader, you are indeed.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kiffin: "I can promise you this, no one will outwork me and my staff"

Dooley: "It's a process, results don't matter"

Hmmmm

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I have a feeling he's going to be leaving Knoxville disappointed

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

BTW, I cross-posted this to VN with the same thread title.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I noticed those comments too, KB. He has said, and I believe he said in that interview, that he believes he has the talent to compete in the SEC now. And, ultimately, it's really irrelevant what he says because we all know if he doesn't show drastic improvement, he's done.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Enjoying your destruction of the dipshits on VN, justin and KB.

7. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

AJeray is a complete retard.

8. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

So sick of this shit.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He should be fired today.

"I will be very dissapointed if I'm judged based on the results with all the variables that go into a season of football."

You've been a loser every year but one, and that was in the WAC. Either you suck or you are cursed as far as those variables go.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Sounds like a guy that might coach ten years and maybe pull three winning seasons out of his ass, if he was lucky and had the breaks go his way.

Why would this years team be any good? Would you work hard for a boss that pretty much stated that he didn't expect much from you?

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Every time he opens his mouth, I hate him a little bit more. I hated him from the start, so he's approaching unheard of levels of hate.

12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Just sickening. Why not set a goal and reach for it?

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Because then, you may fail

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Even Fulmer, the king of coach speak, was better than this

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I was thinking the exact same thing. I wasn't happy with the hire, but decided to reserve judgement. The fiascos in the first season tested my resolve to refrain from making a judgement. Last year, the dam broke loose. Dooley reminds me of many of my students. It's never his fault. His finger is always pointed at something else. I absolutely despise him now. My level of loathing is reaching unhealthy territory.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

He shouldn't have been allowed on the bus to return from Lexington, but I agree with what you are saying.

17. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Will any matter of winning cure that Jay? Don't have a heart attack over there because you can't stand precious lol. I enjoy your football insight.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I agree. Reading that quote made my eyes bleed. Easily among the most asinine and contemptible quotes I've ever seen in sports. This guy's making millions of dollars and doesn't want to be evaluated on results.

Might as well remove the scoreboard from Neyland Stadium. At the end of the game, you really can't judge success based on something as trivial as the score. What's really important is the process....did we get a good night's rest before the game? did we arrive to the game on time? Did we remember to take our helmets off during the national anthem? Were all of our shoes tied? This is how you measure success.

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Come on JT5. Didn't you learn it doesn't matter whether you win or lose but how you play the game? Like, with good sportsmanship and stuff.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Shower discipline