OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And so begins the annual tradition of hearing from folks I've not heard from in 12 months to check in on me and oh, by the way, throw out a tax question.

justingroves likes this.
  2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Ain't it best when you give them advice only to have them say but 'so and so' said something else? I know I'd love that.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would never do that.

BTW, can I deduct KY Jelly as a business expense?

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My taxes were much simpler this year. I hope it's making life easier on you.

5. CardinalVol

"Do you know how to do this on Turbotax?" is my personal favorite.

I don't even know how to log on to the program.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My personal accountant should be installing the updated program today. She could probably advise you if need assistance. That's all assuming she doesn't have to have my son or daughter help her with getting the new external DVD drive up and running for the laptop. Could be tomorrow if so.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm going to have to stop using turbotax. some of their stuff for small businesses is just retarded. i know enough to know i'm not leaving big deductions on the table, but it's time i let a professional take over.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Reason #48493 to not own your own business!

kmf600 likes this.
  9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I keep telling myself I’ll be able to sell it for a decent chunk when I retire, but right now it ain’t feeling worth it

10. CardinalVol

The lady who processes all the returns - aka touches every client copy paper return we file - is out sick with flu today. Needless to say we are all a tad bit paranoid.

11. CardinalVol

Friend of mine was approved to be a CFA operator today. He and his wife and pretty pumped. This has been a crazy process.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Local?

13. CardinalVol

Minnesota.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Too bad. Thought you might have the hookup for free chicken at the tailgates.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Wait, is that a Chik-fil-a? Holy shit, I don't have a Chik-fil-a within a 25 minute drive, on a good day.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Dr told me to take another month off. I haven't missed 2 months of work since I was 15.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

They get a percentage of the profits right? Dad of one of the kids on my team is an in n out manager. Seems to make good money.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yes. And Chik Fil A’s have a line around the building, sometimes two, and are as busy inside, for as long as they are open, everyday but Sunday. I work with a girl whose BIL has one. Becoming an operator is a huge deal. They’re set for life.

kmf600, justingroves and droski like this.
  19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

As long as you don’t care about hating gay people and nursing mothers.

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

He did say they'd be set for life.