POLITICS AOC Election Chances

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Savage Orange, Mar 11, 2019.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Fat people taste better though

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Anecdotal post is anecdotal.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I didn't mean to set out to pick on you. I apologize.

Not everyone goes through trauma getting fat. That's also obvious. While it can be true, I should have left that out. Personally, I ultimately blame myself, but if I wanted to lay it at the feet of my parents and grandmother who made food a reward and ignorantly encouraged bad habits, I could make a decent argument. None of that means it's simply a choice once you get there. There are people who set out to get fat, but I seriously doubt most sit around and think, "Gee, I'd love to wreck my health and become looked down on by society," before starting to pile on the pounds. Eating disorders are real. I've never been diagnosed, but as I have studied this sort of thing more over the last few years, I wonder if I might have had one or have one now or even have developed one while losing weight or some or all of the above. Food addiction is also a real thing and I believe will become more accepted as a reality over the next several years. Why do you think folks seem to gain weight back after losing it? It's easy as all get out to put in the effort just to wind up right back where you were or worse. It's also a helluva kick to the gut when you've gotten halfway to your goal weight, have a setback, and wind up in a worse place than you started. In my case, I had lost 60+ pounds before I had foot problems that took over a year to understand and encouraged me to fall back into bad habits and behaviors. When we as a society get to a point where we recognize there is more to it than deciding to make a change and stop judging folks' willpower and worth based on their waistline, maybe it will become easier for those who are overweight to make substantive change in their lives.

I'm not really meaning to be an ass or call you one. I just know what it's like to be fat and then fit. People can be [uck fay]ing assholes, and I really didn't know how much until after I lost the weight. You aren't one at least as much as I am aware. I also know how much I have to guard myself from certain foods just to keep from getting back to being obese. All that being said, it's pi day. I think I'll have (low calorie veggie) pizza tonight.

Oh, and I think big is beautiful at least started out being about inflating self worth and mostly a thing for women. It's not all bad really. Increasing one's self image should make it easier to make healthy choices with less stress. That being said, I don't think that's actually happening in many cases.

If you really want to see disgusting, go to YouTube and search for women, feeders, weight gain, gainers, or something like that. You should eventually find a string of videos of women showing off their bellies and wearing clothes that no longer fit and such as they gain weight over time. Think that's bad? Read the comments.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’m still working on losing more weight. I religiously weigh and count the carbs for anything and everything I eat, and find myself getting panicked if I don’t walk a few miles a day.

It’s damned hard work to lose weight, but it’s been worth it, to me. But I also understand and empathize with those who don’t want or can’t do it, again, because it’s hard work.

JayVols likes this.
  5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I’m needing some help... you can say:
    Fatass
    Shit
    Bullshit
    [dadgum]it
    Ass

And a whole host of other bad words but *breasts* is deemed offensive? I’m not pissed or anything, just curious. Hell even the late, great George Carlin said it sounded more like snack food than a bad word!!

“New, Nabisco [breasts]!! We have corn [breasts], cheese [breasts] and everyone’s favorite... tater [breasts]!”....

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Nice job losing weight to whomover has. Takes a lot of effort. And not easy as you age. Personally, i get injured then take pain pills for a few days and lose several lbs. Works well.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Just for the record, I've kept the weight off mostly. I let things get a little out of control during the holidays, and I've done some stress eating that has slowed down my taking it back off in the last few weeks getting ready for a move. I'll feel better when I've dropped 15.

kmf600 likes this.
  8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

It’s pretty easy for me. Eat less calories than I burn in a day and presto!! When the weather warms up it’ll help to be able to go on 30+ mile bicycle rides a few times a week.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'll have a bad week where I gain like 5 pounds, look back on what I ate, and get super pissed at myself. I get really mad when I find myself eating because I think "it's time" even though I had a big lunch and I'm not remotely hungry.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I love to eat.

If I wasn’t so active I could see me blowing up

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me too

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I love to eat but I'm usually so busy I forget to. Keeps me in pretty good shape for the most part. Holidays always get me though.

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Got a little experience on this one.

I am extremely limited on what I can do. I don't eat large amounts, or insanely unhealthy food (sans my one Achilles heel, pizza & I have that once per week), yet I can't/it's near impossible to shed pounds. Now, I'm not 400lbs mind you, (usually between 275-285), but physical limitations limit exercise greatly. I have zero control over that & I had no control over the disease onset. I won't even go into the mental health aspect of this.

As much as we'd like to play doctor and diagnose people by the way they look, none of us have a clue what anyone else experiences. If you look at me, you'll see me walking mostly normal & wouldn't suspect anything is wrong. What you can't know is how exhausted I stay and the constant, never ending pain I experience. One big reason you won't see that is because I try my best to not let you. The amount of energy I expend to make it seem I'm normal is incredible, probably even worsens the situation, but pride is a [itch bay]. And I have pride in spades.

Bottom line. I'd love to be at my hs lb playing weight of 230/235. I've tried to get there. Tried hard. Short of staving myself which is unhealthy itself, I'm unable to exercise how I need to in order to achieve that weight.

Walk a mile/there go I but by the grace of God and all that stuff.

14. JayVols

Medical/mental health. Hands down.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I put on weight pretty easily if I stop exercising or start eating poorly. I keep the diet pretty strict and try to hit the treadmill most days. I'm sure it will get more and more difficult as I get older.

I've already begun building up my "fat me" wardrobe so that I have proper attire for work, regardless of whether I'm my preferred weight or 15-20 lbs heavier. Clothes aren't really designed for people with my build, either, so that kind of sucks.

16. Tenacious D

It’s a fair and valid point.

The banned words list is always a work in progress, and any failing of it is entirely my fault, alone. I’ll add these, and others, as they should be banned. Thanks for letting me know, and neither you nor anyone else should hesitate to point any others out to me, too.

Legit, my bad.

Savage Orange likes this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I can't say I agree but I could be wrong. I know a lot of people personally that do not have medical/mental health problems that are overweight simply because they eat like shit. They will even admit to it but do nothing about it because dieting is hard. I do agree there are plenty of people out there that just can't do it because of a medical condition or a mental health issue but just from where I am standing I see way more the other direction. Again that is just my small window but I doubt I am alone. imo

I also think a decent amount of mental health is caused by being overweight. Its sad to see and I could see how a person could easily slide into a depression if they have weight issues.

18. JayVols

Bingo. It is harder as you age.

I'm fat, but I'm a consistent fat, if that makes sense. A more PC way to say it is that I haven't gained any outised my "normal". I seem to just maintain within a consistent 10lb range.

I lose in summer (sweating from fishing, I guess) and move toward the 285 range in winter.

19. Tenacious D

Before I started making a concerted and sustained effort to lose weight, I’d always roll my eyes when reading / hearing any variation of “eat less and exercise more”...but it’s really no more complicated than that, barring some underlying medical condition.

I’d say that the most beneficial thing to my weight loss, other than just actually committing to it, has simply been becoming more educated and aware of what I’m putting into my body, and how much it really is. When you actually weigh a serving size on a scale, it’s almost always an amazingly smaller portion than I realized or would have guessed.

20. JayVols

One positive thing that is happening is the recognition of mental health issues being actual health issues.

I'm going to tell something I've told very few people. Won't go into great detail, but maybe what I do share will help by just getting it out.

I went through a bad time with depression 15 years ago. I found out my dad was dying June 27, 2004. I was diagnosed with his same disease July 2, 2004 & dad died July 10, 2004. That was the darkest time in my life. Possibly exacerbating the deal was that lesions of the brain, coupled with loss of function, tend to lead to people with my disease being more prone to depression due to the changes in how the brain functions. It cost me lots of joy with my oldest daughter who was 1 at the time. I feel guilty about that because I'll never get that back & feel I short changed her. That's something I'll always carry with me.

That summer of 2004 was hell. I'm lucky because I had tons of family/friends support & one special former coach, who has the same disease, & his wife to help me through it. I came out of it & never was treated for it. That help was invaluable, but my general nature of being a stubborn son of a [itch bay] helped too.

zehr27 likes this.