SECT Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by BigOrangeBeech, Mar 9, 2019.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Feel vindicated about my ole miss stance now.

2. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I hope they miss the tournament now.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I'm going to try to make the second session tonight, although i might have trouble catching the tip off of the Kentucky game.

Anybody else heading over?

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And state wins by 26.

Sure as hell glad we get them and not Ole Miss or A&M.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Obviously everyone would have preferred A&M, but no one thought there was a snowballs chance in hell that they'd beat Miss St.

To be fair, while I'm sure UK is excited about the opportunity to get revenge against Bama, I'm not sure I would have rather played them. They gave us everything we wanted on our home court, and they're playing for their tournament lives.

IP likes this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah we generally struggle against them over the last 2 years for whatever reason.

Even in football.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

A&M looked uninterested. Maybe out of gas.

A-Smith likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would have hand picked Mississippi State over all the other teams left at this point.

lylsmorr likes this.
  9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Weren't there a ton of reports out about them firing their coach? I'm sure that didn't help.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

UT matches up better with MSU than they do with just about any other SEC team.

11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I would have rather played A&M, but glad we drew State and not Ole Miss.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

The SEC network’s propensity to split the screen for all manner of nonsense during gameplay is kind of irritating

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think between Kentucky, Tennessee, and LSU, only one of them actually makes the championship game.

That's my hot take.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

LSU has cleared Javonte Smart to play today, which is odd, if Wade is still suspended. LSU claims they have found nothing to warrant Smart's ineligibility.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is really the point of sitting him now? If the investigation demonstrates he was ineligible, everything is going to get wiped away anyway.

Might as well let him play at this point. The season is over, the damage is done. Unless you are willing to boot them from the tournament before an investigation is complete, suspending the coach is really the only thing worth doing.

I don't like putting too much on the players in terms of blame for this stuff.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Wouldn't this open themselves up for LOIC penalties for playing a knowingly ineligible player? I mean, it's one thing for them to say they didn't know what Wade was doing and suspended everyone the moment they found out, but another to say, yeah, he might be guilty but [uck fay] it. The difference between just forfeiting games and future penalties isn't neglible. So, if they feel Smart is ok to play, why are they still keeping Wade out? The two seem to go hand in hand, considering Smart, point blank, was said to be getting benefits by Wade and his handlers.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

Imagine it has something to do with wanting to be able to fire Wade for cause?

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Seems him refusing to meet with the LSU admin would be enough to fire him for cause.

IP likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

But do they KNOW he is ineligible? Like, do they have factual concrete evidence of it?

If it were me, I would sit him because I want to save some face regarding following the rules. But I can see why a school in Louisiana may say "[uck fay] it, they can't prove he can't play at this moment."

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree. I have never had any sort of job where refusing to speak to my superiors about something would not be fireable. If someone signs your pay checks, I imagine you have to answer to them.

utvol0427 likes this.