2018-2019 College Basketball thread/NCAA Tournament Talk

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wow, up to 25 points, 10 rebounds on 11-11 shooting. What a first game back.

And somehow, they’re only up by 3.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Huggins about to win the Big 12 tournament and get a tourney invite, lol

IP and justingroves like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can't believe how hard and constant ESPN is fawning over one player. He's very good. I get it. Maybe the best ever. Okay. OMG, there are other teams and players.

Unimane likes this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It was well deserved last night, IMO. He shot 100% from the field.

Hell, he could have had 35 if he had just made his free throws.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Not many things get on my nerves more than commentators doing a game between any 2 teams not Duke that spend an entire segment of that game talking about Duke

justingroves likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe I just misheard, but the SEC pregame folks made it sound like LSU could possibly get a 1 if they were to win the tournament? What? No. What?

I can't believe we are in a timeline where I want Florida to not lose a particular game.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is it wrong that I'm extremely tempted to actively root for Florida here? Reasoning:

1. [uck fay] LSU cheaters
    2. LSU losing means they can't take our 2 seed in the NCAAT
    3. Florida winning might confirm their spot in the tournament. The more SEC teams in the tournament each year, the less people can write us off in the future.
    4. No LSU in the championship game makes winning the SECT easier if we can get to the final.

Is it justifiable?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Root against LSU. There. Done.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Florida looks like us with all these bad 3's early in the possession. Almost like they want to lose.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

LSU gets [uck fay]ed by a bad call, and then gets T'd up for arguing about it.

Sweet, sweet justice. Please finish this off, Gators.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm going to say this, if we are a #2 seed, I do not want to see Houston sitting there as a #3 seed. That is a damn good team.

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

With one of the top 10-12 coaches in the country.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Virginia looks way off. Hard to imagine them winning this, though there is plenty of time.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They have been down in 2nd half a lot this year and tend to make big shots and pull out the W

15. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Offense has sucked. Defense has sucked. Rebounding has sucked. Hard to win when you suck in all three. Hopefully it’s not a harbinger of things to come.

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

What a selfish shot by Cam Johnson.

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

If duke wins tomorrow they will be the number one overall seed.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Carolina played that last minute as stupidly as possible.

Ugh, I've never been so tired of a player than Zion and I went through the Laettner years.

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Roy is in the HOF for a reason, but you have to call a timeout on one of those last two offensive possessions.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Imo its a little of the Golden State effect. Players want the long 3 highlight shot. Down 1 that was dumb

IP likes this.