SECGG

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Tennessee is going to beat Auburn’s eyes shut. Barn’s going to make some plays, but they’re going to see a different team altogether, today.

The team re-watched Barn’s post game locker room speech following their win a week ago.

Hide and watch.

2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Time to put the barbecue to rest

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Aaaaannnnnddddddd I might as well stay home now.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let's not get carried away.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If Bruce Pearl somehow manages to win an SECT championship with this Auburn team despite never being able to get it done when he was here, I might join IP in the “there is no god” camp.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    tvolsfan likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Think about their path, though. They didn't have to play Kentucky or LSU to get here. We would have walked through their side of the bracket too, as it fell.

They have gotten a very favorable run. They even got UT, who they know they can beat.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Exactly. If there’s a god, he or she would not allow them to win a championship so undeservingly.

8. CardinalVol

Whole lot of orange headed west.

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

[uck fay] Auburn.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Didn’t Bruce get us to the championship game one year?

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Part of me thinks their style doesn’t work in a system that requires teams to play every day for multiple days in a row.

Would love for tired legs to equal missed 3 after missed 3 and a blowout win for us.

12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Yes. Ironically it was with his worst team here. The year after Lofton graduated. We lost to MSU and then lost in the first round to Travis freaking Ford and Oklahoma State.

13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I feel like even if they hit their usual double-digit threes, as long as we don’t get suckered into trying to out-shoot them again like we did at Auburn, I think we can still survive.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  15. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I said this last time but assuming Wiley is not playing or playing very few minutes, Williams should get the ball in the post against McLemore and Spencer damn near every possession. Neither can stop him.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is very important that we don't get lazy or complacent about feeding Williams IN THE PAINT. We do have a tendency to get lazy on it.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Turnovers and trying to match them from outside is what beat us the first matchup, not their shooting. Take care of the ball and pound it inside and we should be fine

IP likes this.
  18. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Agree, but taking care of the ball is not an easy task against this Auburn team.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Not sure you get through it with 6 turnovers like yesterday but it shouldn’t be 19 or whatever it was down there

20. CardinalVol

25 to 1 temnessee to kentucky fans.

And there are more kentucky fams than auburn fans.

And shout out to to 1 mizzou fan.

IP likes this.