2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If the production (from a stat perspective) is filled. It will be scattered out over 3 or players. Some that won't play the 3 or 4 spot.

2. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

We had an assistant up for this, maybe Schwartz? So it appears he will be back.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

maybe next year they need to pull back on "it is not about me" and instead make William's the focal point

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Bone declaring for draft

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Probably not the best decision for him as he still has some things to work on, but I hope he's successful.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Makes sense to declare and get feedback. Sounds like he's intending to stay, but I hope he changes his mind and comes back if he doesn't get a first-round grade (which I don't really expect him to get). Either way, best of luck to him. We're going to have a tough time replacing him though.

A-Smith likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Imo Bone knows topping this year would take a miracle, and he can take time to develop in under the NBA and not have to deal with college stuff.
    Crazy to think 3 years ago this would be a discussion.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

from his video it sounds more like a testing of the waters than an "I'm gone, staying in the draft" that the media is reporting

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I doubt he leaves if he's not a guaranteed first rounder.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The article I read said he made firmer comments outside the video, but I dunno. It makes sense to test the waters, but I think he still has room for improvement before he goes to the draft.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That's fine, but, unless he's a first round pick, there's no guarantee he's even on a roster.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

He better show out at the combine. There’s not one mock draft that has him being drafted, let alone in the first round.

Indy likes this.
  14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Can't see this as anything more than testing the waters so he gets his name out there more and knows what to work on next year.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

But will we? This decision may be largely driven by the fact that we have a 5 star combo guard coming in next year. If Bone thinks he will lose minutes to the new guy, last season may have been as good as his production on the court in college will get.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

0-30 coming.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He's being quoted as saying he intends to stay in. I doubt next year gets better for him so this is likely his peak.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What's he supposed to say? "I expect to underperform and get a poor draft grade, then return for my senior season"?

He's confident in himself (as he should be) and truly believes he is good enough to get drafted. He's going to approach it with that mind set and hope for the best.

We will see if that happens or not, but if he's not projected to get drafted, I can't imagine he stays in. If he's projected 2nd round, that could be enough for him to stay in, but we won't know until we get there.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I feel like he’s been gone for awhile. I don’t see him coming back, and wouldn’t advise him of such, no matter what grade he gets.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Admiral went into last year saying he was testing the waters. Bone is saying he intends to stay in. There is a substantial difference.