Red Dead Redemption II

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Where did everybody end up with this one?

Personally, by the time I finished it, I felt it was a bit overrated. The hunting got repetitive. The scenery is great, but the travel got a bit monotonous. I don't know how many times I put off certain missions because I didn't want to have to ride all the way to the other side of the map (or fast travel and then ride all the way back). Money felt too easy to come by, so I rarely participated in the extras like robbing trains or stagecoaches. And even if money hadn't been so easy to get, it wouldn't have mattered because you can't buy any weapons until you advance to later stages of the game.

I really enjoyed Arthur as the main character, but I wasn't a huge fan of the story as a whole. None of the other characters interested me very much, and the constant "one more job" bull shit made me feel like it was very unrealistic that all those people would be strung along for such a long time. I was ready to be done with it by the time I got to the end, so much so that I didn't play the epilogue at all.

Also, the Online just seems lacking. GTA V Online stayed relevant for years, but RDR2 seems dead already, and it isn't even out of Beta, as far as I know.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The hunting kind of annoys me. They had to go and make it too realistic to be fun. I realize in the first one it didn't make sense that my character was running around with over 100 pelts and like 20,000 pounds of meat, but I don't want to ride all the way to camp or the trapper guy every single time I kill something and drop it off, then head all the way back. I've pretty well quit playing it because you have to spend an hour and a half to accomplish even the smallest task.

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Pull rt trigger and sprint.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Bingo. And what happens when you want a camp upgrade the requires a perfect carcass of an animal that can only be found on the complete other side of the map? Looks like you're riding all the way over there and not killing anything else you see along the way until you find the exact animal you need. Then you're riding all the way back across the map to drop it at camp.

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

You guys would have never made it a day in the Old West

JohnnyQuickkick, Ssmiff and utvol0427 like this.
  6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Same here. I stopped playing because it became to much like doing chores instead of playing a game. Also, the bounty system was ass. Guy walks in front of your horse? Bounty. Someone attacks you and you defend yourself? Bounty. Dog wanders into the road in front of your horse? Bounty.

They should have implemented some more efficient type of fast travel and not had so many things dependent on specific pelts.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Loved it. I did not get invested in the hunting and fishing. The lack of constant fast travel was a nuisance.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Invest the time to get the hunter talisman and then the mack daddy satchel. I rarely set out to hunt anything beyond the Legendary animals, but would just snag shit as I happened across it.

Ya’ll doing it wrong.

9. Tenacious D

Ya’ll also know about trains, right?

And stagecoaches?

Ya’ll got the white Arabian in the upper Northwest territory? The free one, that’s just standing there, all free and shit? The fastest horse in the game? Big white horse? No?

And the ability to plot a point, start riding, hold down the center pad to go into cinematic mode...where Arthur would ride to the point you plotted?

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Is this worth full price or better to catch it on sale?

11. Tenacious D

I think it’s one of the all-time best games.

I only played Elder Scrolls for a longer period of time.

chavisut likes this.