Conference Challenge

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tripper, May 16, 2012.

1. tripper

tripper Member

I was watching College Football Live and they entertained the idea of a conference challenge similar to the SEC/Big East Basketball Challenge. I know if would be a logistical nightmare and there's always the equity argument but would you be interested in seeing something like this happen? And what conference what you like to play and what matchups would you like to see?

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think a SEC/B1G showdown would be fantastic and would generate TONS of hype.

It'll never happen, but man it would be fun.

I'll ponder my match-ups.

3. tripper

tripper Member

I'm mobile but they put up a SEC/Big 12 scenario with matchups. I'll try to post their purposed games when I get to the house. It was interesting to say the least. They had us playing Texas Tech.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Don't want to play TX Tech. A good friend of mine coaches there. Don't get me wrong,, I'm UT all the way. It's hard to want a good friend to fail.

5. tripper

tripper Member

Not a "true fan" or VFL IMO, JMO.

6. JayVols

Lol....ass.

Well, he's not technically coaching now. He's the director of high school relations. He was d line coach for years. Was offered a D coordinator position many times, but he liked the relative security of a position coach compared to a coordinator. Had stints at Ole Miss and Auburn among others. He got rolled up on the sideline a la Sean Payton but much much worse. He hasn't recovered fully from that. He may never recover, so he took the hs relations job and is an assistant weight room
    coach. He's a good dude. Can party like no one I have seen. One of the funniest guys I've ever met. Having said that, if he coaches against UT, I hope he gets his ass beat. When Auburn last played UT in Knoxville (I think the last time), I hung out with him an hour or two prior to the game and hung out with him after the game and rode his ass about losing the whole time. Do I still need to turn in my True Fan card, Negateer?

On second thought, I truly apologize for calling you that [Penis], Negateer even in jest. You seem like a good dude. I wouldn't call my worst enemy that derogatory of a name. Apologies, dude.

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  7. tripper

tripper Member

Your the first person to go on my ignore list on the 8th if there is such a thing.

I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing. Didn't mean to put put you on full diatribe mode.

8. JayVols

I'm a former baptist. Long-winded rants are woven into my DNA.

9. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Former? You're on my ignore list now too.

10. JayVols

Relax Francis. I didn't go athiest or anything. I got married and changed denominations. You know it's good stuff if it makes a man leave the church he grew up in for another. Besides, from what's been coming from the Southern Baptists, I'm glad I am no longer a part of them.

This ignore list stuff is outta hand. We are going to have to focus any recruiting efforts on Negateer and ImportedVol so we can keep this stuff straight. Lol.

11. hallowed_hill

Ha. Im just giving you a hard time. Im still sbc. What about it troubles you?

12. JayVols

I know. I'm joking as well.

I'll just say that too often their methods of taking stands, not necessarily the stands themselves, is not the way I would approach the issue. I really don't want to get into a religious debate here. They tend to turn epic.

13. hallowed_hill

Fair enough. But im pretty sure a knock down, drag out religious debate is exactly what tripper had in mind in the op.

14. JayVols

A quick search will reveal many epic battles from the past....

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

*waiting in the wings for his moment...

16. JayVols

IP, you're my favorite athiest. I mean that in a good way.

17. hallowed_hill

I figured we were one provocative ip comment away from setting this thing off.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Not me. I made sweet passionate pig sex sweaty loving to an atheist chick in college on at least 30 occasions. She gets the nod.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Too bad you couldn't make her call out to God.

Actually, random aside: I find that atheist ladies tend to say "oh God" a lot more in bed than Christian ladies, who typically just make vocal sex noises. The atheist ladies never appreciate the irony when I point it out.

20. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Serious question- Do you get any more nights with said atheist ladies when you point out this distinct irony?