Rick Barnes to UCLA?

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by 2Maggitt2Quit, Apr 7, 2019.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yes. God cares about where Barnes makes millions of dollars at next season and so much so that he'll expedite his response to his prayers so Barnes can make a decision today.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I think for him it hinges on how long he wants to coach which at 64 Im sure is on his mind.

He appears to be a well ground person and I don't see him hanging around past 70.IMO This just seems like more of a no brainer if he's 54 than it does now.

He's drawn some varying opinions in his time here. Ive been generally pleased with his job here so far and like who he is as a coach in a similar way to the way I view Admiral and Grant and as ambassadors for the school. He's not the best coach in the country by any means, but I can make a quick list of several Id rather not have. And could start with several of the guys before him.

3. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

No chance Grant plays here next year if Barnes leaves IMO. Either NBA or grad transfer to UCLA.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Can’t be upset with him for leaving if he prayed about. He wanted to be here, but God wanted him in LA.

Indy likes this.
  5. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

My guy is usually money

6. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

John Finestein (sp) was on 104.5 The Zone just now (a good friend of Rick apparently). Said its not about money, to include money about assistants. It's the draw of UCLA being a Blue Blood and that he could end his career as the one to "bring them back."

He said that he isn't leaning either way but would not be surprised if he took the job.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's got to make other people cringe too, right? Like God is why he's negotiating salary 4 months after an extension?

Indy likes this.
  8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The tweet:

10. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Yes.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

if he goes to UCLA seeking to end his career making them be back rather than finish what he started here in God's own country, I truly hope the lord humbles him.

I'm getting anger issues over this constant crisis of a university.

12. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

He follows the chatter then tries to guess in advance. And no one really cares if he's wrong because he guessed right that one time.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Sounds legit. he's got more followers than I have.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Not gonna lie. If Rick is staying I will be at once relieved...and let down.

IP likes this.
  16. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

What has went so south? Fulmer caring about football?

Tickle my pickle and leave.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I like Rick a lot but I think our money is better spent on continuing to get our football program out of the crapper.

utvol0427 likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

ya, this has worn my patience for next year and beyond.

A-Smith likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

what money are we not spending that could be spent to better football? I feel like we have that saturated. it isn't a money problem.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is there something that has gone down that we don't know about?