The George Carlin Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Volgrad98, May 17, 2012.

1. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

So I was on YouTube last night and ended up watching some George Carlin videos. Damn I almost forgot how funny he was so here's my little dedication to one of the greats. Here's a couple of clips to get this thing started:

[video=youtube;3_Nrp7cj_tM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Nrp7cj_tM[/video]

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

[video=youtube;hWiBt-pqp0E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWiBt-pqp0E[/video]

3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

[video=youtube;nLRQvK2-iqQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLRQvK2-iqQ[/video]

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

He is also the narrator on 4 seasons of Thomas the Train.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I came here to post the same thing.

And each and every time that pops up at the beginning of those episodes, I shake my head and chuckle.

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Odd collection of fellows doing the voiceover for that show: Carlin, Ringo Starr, Alec Baldwin, Pierce Brosnan.

Carlin seems to be the guy on about 95% of the episodes my kid watches, though.

7. CardinalVol

Well, now there are no more narrators since the characters actually talk.

I actually got to see Thomas the Train in person Saturday.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The chances the guy in the thomas the train engine costume is a child molestor has to be off teh charts right?

9. CardinalVol

It was an actual train.

TicketWeb - Day Out With Thomas™

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

disturbing that i will one day have to spend my saturdays doing that crap (no offense :)).

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I have made a vow to never let my son watch Thomas the train.

I doubt I'll be able to keep it

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my mother in law has already bought my brother in law's kids every thomas the train toy possible. i think i'm screwed.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ha, I ordered a box set of the old GI Joes cartoons as soon as I knew he was a boy. I figured if I had to watch kid shows, it may as well be ones I liked.

14. CardinalVol

Believe it or not, it actually wasn't that bad. When your kid enjoys it, you start to enjoy it. Even if I hated it, given how much he loves sports, I'd gladly make the trade. That said, my mother has also purchased every toy and/or train set possible. Glad to know she's not the only one.

JG, a piece of advice - of the potential kids shows your son will watch in the toddler stage, Thomas the Train is definitely on the "not as annoying" end of the spectrum. You should rethink your stance on this one. JMO IMO IYAM VFL GBO

15. CardinalVol

I tried the same TV show approach. He won't watch them. Will find them boring when he's a toddler.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Really? It annoyed me even when i was little.

I doubt I can hate it if he likes them though

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i might do the same for transformers. spongebob actually isn't bad. dora the explorer is for retarded children though. (we spend a lot of time with the bro in law's kids)

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dammit

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

seems very repetitive. both my nephews are obsessed with cars (the movie).

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

CV, you mentioned the old animated transformers movie from the '80s and how strange it was. Well, I watched most of it the other night when little man decided he wouldn't sleep unless he wad being held.

It is very strange