The Ice Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Joseph Brant, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Not sure, but seem to be peaking going 8-2-1 down the stretch. In season poor play was mainly due to injuries

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Another 2nd round loss IMO. Most of the team apart from the top line were disappointments this year, some of them have looked a little better lately, but not really producing still.

3. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

The Cup is coming to Nashville

4. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I think Watson coming back is a big boost. Saros has proven he can get a start (IMO). PK played better down the stretch. I think the momentum is headed in the right way entering the playoffs

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I think they've finally had time to get healthy and gel and it's been apparent in the play lately. Last two games had poor starts and then they flipped the switch and utterly dominated. If they can eliminate the poor starts (which is no sure thing with a goalie who has been wildly inconsistent in his last 3 playoff series and a couple important players who have inexplicably disappeared at times) they can go all the way.

My confidence is higher than it was at the beginning of March, but gotta see how they come out in this Dallas series. I hope the Blues and Winnipeg beat the absolute dogshit out of each other

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s like every year. Roll the dice, hope for doubles.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Friggin’ metro. Second time in the last three years they have the #1 and #2 picks. Also second time in the last three years that New Jersey is picking first

8. JohnnyQuickkick

one in the bag

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Omg Tampa

10. Ssmiff

Stars are frustrating to play against. They pack it in and their goalie is not only huge but good, and they have the speed to keep you honest. They look faster than the Preds.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Rocco Grimaldi is just a great bottom 6 player

Craig Smith celebration was the best

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Love it. [uck fay] Kucherov.

14. Tar Volon

Usually I'm all about the big upsets, but I actually was kinda hoping this Tampa team would win it all (unless the Hurricanes by some miracle advanced to face them in the ECF, in which case Tampa can die in a fire, let's go Canes). They've built an incredible team and so far don't have any trophies that people actually care about to show for it. I hate it just as much as the next guy when the juggernaut wins three titles in five years, but with as good of a group as they have, it'd be a shame to see them not even get one.

Unrelated, going to my first ever playoff game tonight. Super stoked but also a little afraid that we're going to have a 3-0 hole at the end of the night. All season, we've been good enough to go toe-to-toe with Washington, but they always just have that one extra gear in the third that puts them on top.

15. Ssmiff

Playoff hockey live is awesome. Preds and northern usurpers invading our land have unfortunately priced me out the last couple years.

lylsmorr likes this.
  16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Kid watched the 2nd period of Leafs and Bruins today. First hockey he's watched. He followed the puck pretty well, for an almost 4 year old.

I think he is now a Leafs fan, though. Gonna have to break him of that.

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Sounds like a smart kid.

18. Tar Volon

Update: playoff hockey is great and I'm going to be hard-pressed to go to another game that was as much fun as my first.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

Haven’t been to one in a looong time, but I was at a game in that epic Blues/Red Wings series that ended on the Yzerman goal in OT. Blues won the game I was at with an OT goal by Tony Twist of all people

20. Tar Volon

I know this is just social media silliness, but there's a Caps fan on twitter going after Carolina for being a toxic fanbase *because we were too loud for a first-round playoff game*. "There's a difference between cheering for your team and making the opponents unable to even hear their own thoughts."

Dunno what other sports this dude follows, but he definitely hasn't been to an SEC football game.