Lady Vols Softball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by CardinalVol, May 20, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

After losing the opening game, they dominate rest of weekend to win region and advance to host uga is super regional next weekend.

(I actually really enjoy college softball.)

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I would enjoy it, but then I decided to go ahead and get kicked right square in the [penis].

I'm gonna be here all week.

3. CardinalVol

Take game 1 3-2. Got to win tomorrow to go to world series.

4. CardinalVol

Lost game 2 1-0.

Game three begins in a half hour.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Win game three 2-1 after a completely bizarre play on a potential double-play. UGA 2nd baseman goes for the tag and throw, but tags with the glove while the ball was in her hand. Throw is late, and everybody's safe. Neither team hit worth a damn all series (Georgia damn near won the series by only scoring two runs in two games, neither of which was earned), but the Vols are moving on to Oklahoma City. Congrats, Ladies!

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Vols twitterverse is having an orgasm over this win.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I'm cool with the football and basketball guys supporting the ladies' non-revs. Although it's depressing when they talk about how the Lady Vols finally reached the college world series after being absent since 2010. I wish any other program on campus had only been absent from championship contention since 2010.

8. CardinalVol

Softball team might have the best program on campus currently.

9. CardinalVol

7PM EST, the ladies take on Bama on ESPN2.

Even if you hate softball, it's Bama and you have to care about this game.

10. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Wasn’t Bearden the girl who has batted around .100 for her career?

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

13. CardinalVol

Headed to super regionals again. Travel to gainesville next week.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  14. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Took 2 of 3 there earlier in the season, but Gators have been hot of late and Tennessee has at struggled with the bat at times vs SEC opponents since the Bearden injury.

15. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Lady Vols even the series at 1-1 with a walk-off walk in the bottom of the 9th....Both pitchers went the distance... Both teams had chances to win it after questionable calls... Winner take all G3 on Sunday at 2Est

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Lost game 3 in extras. [uck fay] Gainesville. Tired of the selection committee matching us up against other SEC teams in supers.

17. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Still should have won... a silly error in CF in both games 1 and 3 in the early innings proved costly.

18. CardinalVol

Won a 13 inning game yesterday against State 1-0. Pitcher threw a gem. They are probably a borderline top 8 seed. Winning today and tomorrow would be helpful to the cause.

19. CardinalVol

Related note in hindsight reading this thread, kidb not enjoying a game where girls are wearing tight pants and bending over a lot is a major shocker to me. Figured he'd be hitting up every game of every age level in a 50 mile radius.

utvol0427 likes this.
  20. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

They have quietly had a nice bounce back year, especially when you consider that Rogers has missed several games with injuries.